3 Years of Driving
By zzedo310 on
2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
As the title states, I've owned my 03' for 3 years. In that time, I've put 60K miles on it and drove it from AK to FL and several trips in the CONUS. No major issues. Minor issues: recommended tune-ups are costly, both the 60K mile tuneup and 90K mile tune-up were around $1000 each. To get fully installed towing package, another $1000. Drive train belt, another grand. At 100K miles, just as another owner here stated, my speaker system is going downhill. During long trips, I notice a buzzing sound coming out of the speakers. Annoying enough to shut music off. Great storage cubbies in front for maps, flashlights, etc.
Favorite Features
Very roomy and comfy! You'll definitely feel as if you are driving in first class. Leather seats are actually holding up pretty well. Great for tall passengers. Ride is smooth and fairly quiet. No problem towing & launching 2000lb. boat.
Suggested Improvements
Hopefully someone at Honda will read this and take my advice! Quit putting cheap plastic junk inside your cars! My 'silver' door handles I have found are actually plastic with a silver lining over it, which is peeling off now. Fix the sound system! I'm not the only one with problem obviously.