2003 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: 2003 Pilot - 7 yrs old

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

2003 Pilot - 7 yrs old
By Kristin on

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 7 years and like all Hondas, it's been super reliable. I had to replace the stereo a year ago (it broke for no reason). It was $1000 to replace, so I bought an aftermarket, but the steering wheel controls won't work with it now. The interior door handle was plastic with "metal tape" over it and it was peeling, so I had to replace it. I hate the removable headrests for the 2nd/3rd row seats (big pain), but they've redesigned them in 2009. Overall it's been a great car and I'm buying another Pilot now (2010), which is even better designed. I love Hondas!

3rd row seat, large cargo area in the back, large storage area between the front seats, lots of cupholders throughout, the storage nets behind the front seats are great.

The headrests in the 3rd row seats must be removed to fold the seat down and it's a pain to have to store them. The 3rd row seats need to be a bit wider to fit even child booster seats. The shoulder belts coming from the ceiling sit high on your neck, which is uncomfortable (especially for kids).