Used 2003 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Most expensive vehicle ever!!!!
By baust

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Pilot has been family owned since new and was dealer maint. up to 80K. We bought it from her parents with 80K miles. It's hardly even needed any maint. done. I did the timing belt/waterpump/plugs @ 107K, the first brake job was done at 125K. We drive mostly highway. Here's the catch: The first transmission went out at 130K miles. Honda quoted us $3,700 to replace it with a factory reman. with a 3-year/36K warranty. We had them replace it because we didn't want to ever have to worry about it again. Now 2 years later @ 172K and the transmission needs to be replaced again. They won't cover anything because we have put 42K on it. They quoted us $4,700. Can YOU afford one? We can't.

resale value, lol

Transmission!!!!!!

Honda pilot 03 transmissions
By jona

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I also have a 2003 honda pilot. We have kept up on all maintenance on this vehicle. Had drive light flash and was told 4th gear pressure sensor was bad, had that fixed. A month later my transmission starts acting up, take to dealer and they told me I needed a whole new transmission and was gonna cost us $3000.00 to fix

Honda Owners Beware
By Pilot Owner

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the torque converter and transmission replaced with only 89k miles under normal driving conditions. Total cost was over $3600. Better have deep pockets for Honda repairs, as they love their parts.

Great for trips. Excellent visibility.

Gas Mileage (15 mpg city). Better Torque converter and Trans.

Looking for 350,000
By Jamie

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife loves her Pilot. We purchased this vehicle with 67,000 miles. At 120,000 miles, we changed the front struts and the right axle. May have something to do with the 2 deer we hit. At 140,000 we had to replace 2 switches in the transmission and have had no problems with it at all since. We did change the timing and water pump at 175,000. Even though it was suggested at 100k. Over all we are well pleased with our purchase and are looking for 350,000 miles plus. Right now we are driving at 188,000 miles.

The DVD/Entertainment center is a great babysitter during extended trips. The fact that the seats fold down help my wife with her catering and wedding cake transport. Third row seating is also convenient with our extended rides. The Pilot is very easy to drive.

We could always use better gas mileage. Removable console would help when cleaning. Hard to get a sweeper hose in between the seats and console.

Just Love IT!
By Smiley

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought mine this weekend and I love it. It has 139,000 miles on it but the guy took care of it and has all the paper work down to every oil change. It rides very well.

Driver seat I can sit up tall to see without the sun being in my eye.

mpg