2003 Honda Pilot - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Soooo good, we named it.
By autosavant on 05/29/14 14:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought home my first born from the hospital in my new Honda Pilot. After 200,000 miles in ten reliable years, I must say that it has been a pleasure owning it. "Hans" my daughter named it, the ultimate compliment; rides as smooth as it did when first purchased. It would be nice to buy a new car but just can't let go of it to see how far it'll go! Many say it's a 300K miles automobile.

This car performed better than our 2003 lexus RX300
By taxpayer41 on 05/01/14 09:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife always liked her pilot better than my RX300. Both are 2003. I traded my lexus after 10 years ln 2013 for a Camry Hybrid, as we no longer need 2 SUV's in the family, and she didn't want to give up her Pilot. We have spent little or no additional money on the car and it now has 111,000 miles and going strong. I have to say, this car is a good buy. She still doesn't want to trade it, but we've been looking for new car that has an automatic lift gate for her. Maybe now?

Pilot is the best
By roooddy on 02/06/14 17:49 PM (PST)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Navigation System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car new in Oct of 2002. The tires were replaced at 84K...still have original brakes at 102K. Never so much as an alignment needed. The usual oil changes and a timing belt is all I've done in 11 years. The best car we ever owned!

Mine was a very Reliable Car
By warrenam47 on 09/23/12 18:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I live in the mountains of NC. The roads are very dangerous here, esp. in the winter. I test drove my Pilot in a snow storm, and bought it for its size and great gas mileage. i Never got stuck in the snow. and i drove this past winter for an hour from boone to beech mountain Everyday. nothing, and i mean nothing ever went wrong in the car. the only things i spent money on were literally break pads and a few oil changes. it was at 125k when i recently hit a deer going 70mph and its now totaled and im now heartbroken. there seems to be something seriously wrong with every SUV i consider to replace my pilot with. i loved luxury cars but now im feeling more sensible... and a grille guard is ness

Window regulator problem
By powderpuff on 08/05/11 16:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather and Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have really loved the Pilot since we bought it new. We are having trouble with the leather seats coming apart, but that we can deal with. The major problem is we have now replaced all 4 of the window regulators once and one of them twice! Three this year. This is really irritating because they just go down all of a sudden when driving along or when parked at a parking lot we come out and one will be down! We are lucky we haven't had it stolen. Plus in the desert in the middle of the summer it sucks to have a window all a sudden falls down! As well as the $350 it costs each time to fix. Honda rep says there isn't a problem are we the only ones with this problem?!

Most expensive vehicle ever!!!!
By baust on 07/05/11 05:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot LX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our Pilot has been family owned since new and was dealer maint. up to 80K. We bought it from her parents with 80K miles. It's hardly even needed any maint. done. I did the timing belt/waterpump/plugs @ 107K, the first brake job was done at 125K. We drive mostly highway. Here's the catch: The first transmission went out at 130K miles. Honda quoted us $3,700 to replace it with a factory reman. with a 3-year/36K warranty. We had them replace it because we didn't want to ever have to worry about it again. Now 2 years later @ 172K and the transmission needs to be replaced again. They won't cover anything because we have put 42K on it. They quoted us $4,700. Can YOU afford one? We can't.

Honda pilot 03 transmissions
By jona on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I also have a 2003 honda pilot. We have kept up on all maintenance on this vehicle. Had drive light flash and was told 4th gear pressure sensor was bad, had that fixed. A month later my transmission starts acting up, take to dealer and they told me I needed a whole new transmission and was gonna cost us $3000.00 to fix

Honda Owners Beware
By Pilot Owner on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV w/ Leather (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had the torque converter and transmission replaced with only 89k miles under normal driving conditions. Total cost was over $3600. Better have deep pockets for Honda repairs, as they love their parts.

Looking for 350,000
By Jamie on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

My wife loves her Pilot. We purchased this vehicle with 67,000 miles. At 120,000 miles, we changed the front struts and the right axle. May have something to do with the 2 deer we hit. At 140,000 we had to replace 2 switches in the transmission and have had no problems with it at all since. We did change the timing and water pump at 175,000. Even though it was suggested at 100k. Over all we are well pleased with our purchase and are looking for 350,000 miles plus. Right now we are driving at 188,000 miles.

Just Love IT!
By Smiley on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda Pilot EX AWD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought mine this weekend and I love it. It has 139,000 miles on it but the guy took care of it and has all the paper work down to every oil change. It rides very well.