2002 Honda Passport Consumer Review: Starting problem

2002 Honda Passport - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic w/Luxury Package)

Starting problem
By bsox on

2002 Honda Passport EX 4WD 4dr SUV w/Luxury Package (3.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my passport for 6 yrs. I love it. I have had no problems except for now. I have 92,000 mi. on it & ow there is a starting problem. The car starts then imediatley stalls, the 2nd. time I start it , it starts right up. No mechanic can figure it out & no ingine lite is on. I was told it could be an ignition switch or a fuel pump relay. Has anyone had this problem? It doesn't matter if it is cold or hot . I still get 18 to 21 mpg.

It is very comfortable for me & because of back surgery, I love the lumbar support & the way the back end opens , it is so easy for me to load & unload. Very deprndable in the snow & climbing hills in the snow. Easy to drive & turning. No blind spots.

Put a Honda engine in it , so Honda knows how to fix a problem with it. When I told them I had a Honda Passport, there reply was " Oh, I'm sorry " ! That made me feel bad.
By tucar
on 06/17/14 20:35 PM (PDT)

Had the same problem. Issue was with the Neutral Safety Switch Cost me 60 dollars to get it fix. Car started right. Problem completely resolved.