Used 2000 Honda Passport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

2000 Honda passport and ethanol gas
By lilk9or

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

Do not mix, ever since they changed the gas to having ethanol in it my Honda dies on me and stalls like crazy and I read in the owners manual that it says not to run methanol or ethanol in it otherwise it will have mechanical malfunctions. I do not recommend getting this vehicle since they are changing the gas to having ethanol in the gas. But all around besides that problem I like it a lot but with all the problems I think I am gonna get rid of it. Do not buy it!

very roomy, moon roof a plus, and back hatch opens from the side and not up

Take ethanol out of gasoline!

Fake Honda
By Lizzie P

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I had very limited time to but a car and the Honda Passport seemed like the best choice at the dealership. I drove it for a year (it had 56K miles when I bought it) without a single problem. Then I started having trouble with it.In the past year, I have had the battery (which was new when I bought it), the alternator, the starter replaced. I have put two transmissions in it, both within a three week period, Today it is at the shop because it almost exploded last night and died on the side of the road. Thank goodness I still have 1000 miles left on the warranty, that gives me enough time to find someone to buy it!

comfortable, well designed interior, perfect size

there are lots, especially anything mechanical.

Don't buy
By laura0181

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have heard numerous horror stories that are so similar to the problems I've been having my Passport. Lots of other owners have reported problems with a sporatic gas gauge, non- functioning intermitten wiper setting, ERG valve trouble, and oil that seems to rapidly dissappear mysteriously.

It's a fun vehicle to drive, especially for long trips. Just be sure to check the oil regularly.

Better quality parts; especially the ERG valve, windshield wipers, and motor in general.

I love it!
By Kathi

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the car new and have driven it over 150,000 miles with very little trouble. Always starts. Was never stranded. Four wheel drive is very good. I am replacing it soon, but have enjoyed it for over six years.

Everything is in a easy to access spot. Very reliable and no blind spots!

More comfortable suspension would be nice.

nice suv worst gas millage of all time
By joshkl

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the car but we are only getting like 12-13 miles to the gallon. I have had everything checked out on it and nothing is wrong (so they say) but other than that it is a decent vehicle.

Body style.

Gas millage and engine noise.