2000 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Nice SUV
By Ryno on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

The Honda Passport is a great looking SUV that also has good road manners and excellent engine power. My model is the EX 2 wheel drive with the CD changer, two-tone paint and leather. We enjoy it alot and recommend it to prospective shoppers as a great value in the preowned market. We bought it used and have not any problems with it.

Crappy Little Car
By RVT40 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Don't waste your money on this car. It rattles and squeeks constantly. It feels like it has no shocks or suspension on any kind on bumpy roads. It doesn't "feel"safe at all.

PASSPORT
By SHABESH on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

PASSPORT RIDES LIKE A TRUCK.YOU FEEL EVERY GRAVEL ON THE ROAD. I HAVE ALSO HAD TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, AND BY THE WAY THIS IS NOT A "HONDA" IT IS A IZUSU RODEO WITH A HONDA PACKAGE. I WAS NOT TOO HAPPY TO FIND THAT OUT AFTER I HAD PURCHASED IT. GOOD LUCK.

Wish it was a Real Honda
By pollywork on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been a true Honda lover since 96. I got a great deal on the passport when i leased it 3 years ago and truely havent had any problems with it. The izuzu engine runs great in my vehcile.

Get a Pilot
By Buck2000 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle obviously does not have the same level of craftsmanship as other members of the Honda line (it's a Rodeo). While the exterior is attractive, the inside is cheap, the ride is excessively soft, and gas mileage is not good. With 4WD off the back end really wants to step around on me during acceleration. On the plus side I have not had any mechanical problems in three years and 20k miles. However, I am selling it and getting a Pilot (a true Honda).

Dont waste your money !!!
By sbattle on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

For the last 11 months my vehicle rattles and then dies when you accelerate at red lights and stop signs. I have taken it in to a honda dealership but they cant find the problem. They thought it could be the fuel filter and pump and I had that changed and it didnt help.

Don't have an accident in this vehicle
By sdcausa on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

All I can say is do everything you can to avoid having a front end collision with this vehicle. The bumper and hood must be made of tin foil the way they fold up in a low impact collision. We rear ended another car at less than 10 miles per hour and sustained more than $5,000 in damage. The hood folded up like a taco. We're selling this vehicle based on saftey issues.

Damn, its broke again!!!
By rbeatty on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Where do I start? The truck is in the dealers shop so much that the shop manager keeps telling my wife that she should be on the dealership payroll.

Great value for money
By abhi on 03/16/02 09:18 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

It is a great suv for city use. Very useful for moving and groceries with a large trunk. only problem is the heat from the engine gets to your legs during summer. steering is cool and stereo from honda is very good.scary on steep turns.

I haveing no problem of my passport
By sl on 03/05/02 17:42 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I having no problem of my passport which I bought 2/2000, truck is very reliable but only think I do not like gas mileage even it say 16/20 but roughly I got city/hwy mix about 14-15. Size wise it is perfect for city Parallel parking because it does not take large space.