2000 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Fake Honda
By Lizzie P on 03/27/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I had very limited time to but a car and the Honda Passport seemed like the best choice at the dealership. I drove it for a year (it had 56K miles when I bought it) without a single problem. Then I started having trouble with it.In the past year, I have had the battery (which was new when I bought it), the alternator, the starter replaced. I have put two transmissions in it, both within a three week period, Today it is at the shop because it almost exploded last night and died on the side of the road. Thank goodness I still have 1000 miles left on the warranty, that gives me enough time to find someone to buy it!

Don't buy
By laura0181 on 04/10/07 21:10 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have heard numerous horror stories that are so similar to the problems I've been having my Passport. Lots of other owners have reported problems with a sporatic gas gauge, non- functioning intermitten wiper setting, ERG valve trouble, and oil that seems to rapidly dissappear mysteriously.

I love it!
By Kathi on 07/05/06 21:07 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the car new and have driven it over 150,000 miles with very little trouble. Always starts. Was never stranded. Four wheel drive is very good. I am replacing it soon, but have enjoyed it for over six years.

nice suv worst gas millage of all time
By joshkl on 10/30/05 13:23 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the car but we are only getting like 12-13 miles to the gallon. I have had everything checked out on it and nothing is wrong (so they say) but other than that it is a decent vehicle.

LOVE IT
By u got to get one on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

well whats to say its a great suv althought it is bult by IZUSU with there 3.2 V6 which has plenty of power but its never had any problems i took it on a 8.952 mile trip and it peformed great and the 4X4 worked great in las vegas when it snowed but when i left on the trip it had 25,000 miles and that was just befor x-mas in and now like 6 months later its at 44,000 miles and still no problems

Not a true Honda
By gipper on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is an Isuzu, not a true Honda. Although an above-average, solid SUV, the quality is not quite up to the usual Honda standards. The ride is very truck-like and rough, cornering unstable, fuel economy is just ok (I've averaged 18 mpg). All said, it's been an all-right vehicle. I'm looking to trade it in for a CR-V, which is what I should have gotten in the first place.

unfit to drive
By rainer on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

From day one the vehicle performed poorly, breaks down repeatadly and is totally unreliable.What is really unsettlich is the Honda Dealership that whenever something breaks ,it's not in Stock and o well its not a Honda per say. I have spend Tausands on repairs and upkeep and i will not again buy another Honda Product. I owed 4 of them without any Problems , this is the last one.

Rodeo in Disguise
By SAFIRI on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

So far, I've loved this truck. Got a good deal on a used one from Car Max. It's size is big enough to seat 5 comfortably but not too big to fit in the garage. It is an Isuzu Rodeo so I don't understand how this could rate so poorly when the Rodeo rates better than average. Gas mileage could improve but that can also be worked out with minor upgrades to your engine oil, spark plugs and air filter (and a "Tornado"). Pick up is not apparent until you really need it and then it gets up and goes. Overall a very nice truck.

What a GREAT SUV
By PeterIndiana on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Passport for over three years. I love everything about it. The ride, the interior space and the CD/Stereo. The reliability and dependability of the Passport has been great. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is considering the purchase of an SUV.

Beg to differ
By Helene on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

I read your review of the Passport 2000 but fell in love with this car the moment I drove it. I'm 55 and 5'4". I slide in and out of it like a CD, the seat fits me like a kid glove and the view is marvelous. I'm not going to go into the wilderness so none of that matters. I find it drives very well around town and flies on the freeway. I feel like 25 again! As a Honda Accord owner of 10 years I say this Passport deserves the H on its hood even though it's an Isuzu in disguise.