2000 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Bought it used
By mike on 06/29/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Bought my Passport used with a full warranty, 2 years old and 13K miles on it for 7,000 off list! It has problems now 7 years later, but what's new about that? It has had for several years a bad sensor in the gas tank so fuel gauge does not work. Costs $350 at the dealer to get it fixed so never fixed it! Same sensor also makes the check engine light stay on. One problem, cost $1400 to fix. Bad wiring from the factory got installed in some of these vehicles and insulation came off, so had to have entire wiring harness dealer replaced. That was the ONLY problem. Never has let me down..always starts and runs. Normal maintenance. Strong engine and transmission. Good air conditioning!

Beg to differ
By Helene on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

I read your review of the Passport 2000 but fell in love with this car the moment I drove it. I'm 55 and 5'4". I slide in and out of it like a CD, the seat fits me like a kid glove and the view is marvelous. I'm not going to go into the wilderness so none of that matters. I find it drives very well around town and flies on the freeway. I feel like 25 again! As a Honda Accord owner of 10 years I say this Passport deserves the H on its hood even though it's an Isuzu in disguise.

Nice SUV
By Ryno on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

The Honda Passport is a great looking SUV that also has good road manners and excellent engine power. My model is the EX 2 wheel drive with the CD changer, two-tone paint and leather. We enjoy it alot and recommend it to prospective shoppers as a great value in the preowned market. We bought it used and have not any problems with it.

Crappy Little Car
By RVT40 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Don't waste your money on this car. It rattles and squeeks constantly. It feels like it has no shocks or suspension on any kind on bumpy roads. It doesn't "feel"safe at all.

Don't have an accident in this vehicle
By sdcausa on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

All I can say is do everything you can to avoid having a front end collision with this vehicle. The bumper and hood must be made of tin foil the way they fold up in a low impact collision. We rear ended another car at less than 10 miles per hour and sustained more than $5,000 in damage. The hood folded up like a taco. We're selling this vehicle based on saftey issues.