Used 2000 Honda Passport EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Passport SUV

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

Most Helpful|
Nice SUV
By Ryno

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

The Honda Passport is a great looking SUV that also has good road manners and excellent engine power. My model is the EX 2 wheel drive with the CD changer, two-tone paint and leather. We enjoy it alot and recommend it to prospective shoppers as a great value in the preowned market. We bought it used and have not any problems with it.

Favorite Features

looks and power

Suggested Improvements

needs power seats

Bought it used
By mike

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Bought my Passport used with a full warranty, 2 years old and 13K miles on it for 7,000 off list! It has problems now 7 years later, but what's new about that? It has had for several years a bad sensor in the gas tank so fuel gauge does not work. Costs $350 at the dealer to get it fixed so never fixed it! Same sensor also makes the check engine light stay on. One problem, cost $1400 to fix. Bad wiring from the factory got installed in some of these vehicles and insulation came off, so had to have entire wiring harness dealer replaced. That was the ONLY problem. Never has let me down..always starts and runs. Normal maintenance. Strong engine and transmission. Good air conditioning!

Favorite Features

Fit and finish, tight body, strong engine, I like interior cloth bucket seats, moon roof, roof luggage rack. It will tow a loaded trailer well with proper hitch and using Power mode, which keeps it out of overdrive.

Suggested Improvements

Rougher than average ride, but solid feel, 16 mpg typical. This is not a CR- V and should not be compared to one. The CR-V is a tin can compared to the Passport.

Beg to differ
By Helene

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

I read your review of the Passport 2000 but fell in love with this car the moment I drove it. I'm 55 and 5'4". I slide in and out of it like a CD, the seat fits me like a kid glove and the view is marvelous. I'm not going to go into the wilderness so none of that matters. I find it drives very well around town and flies on the freeway. I feel like 25 again! As a Honda Accord owner of 10 years I say this Passport deserves the H on its hood even though it's an Isuzu in disguise.

Favorite Features

Thedesign inside and out and comfort for getting in and out are great. I like the spare tire under the car. I also like the back window opening up and the back door opening seperately to the side.

Suggested Improvements

The fuel economy is not too special (16 mpg) but I got such a great price on it that it will be much less expensive over time than buying a new SUV with great fuel economy. Do the math!

Don't have an accident in this vehicle
By sdcausa

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

All I can say is do everything you can to avoid having a front end collision with this vehicle. The bumper and hood must be made of tin foil the way they fold up in a low impact collision. We rear ended another car at less than 10 miles per hour and sustained more than $5,000 in damage. The hood folded up like a taco. We're selling this vehicle based on saftey issues.

Favorite Features

This vehicle is a good value and offers nice features compared to other SUV's in its class.

Suggested Improvements

Put a real bumper on this vehicle to protect itself and its occupants.

Crappy Little Car
By RVT40

2000 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Don't waste your money on this car. It rattles and squeeks constantly. It feels like it has no shocks or suspension on any kind on bumpy roads. It doesn't "feel"safe at all.

Favorite Features

The outside styling is the only redeeming thing about it.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make them anymore.