2000 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Cute Suv
By HondaDude03 on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

Cute little SUV. Runs well, only broke down once due to the fuel pump going out. Other than that it's a Honda baby.

Better than expected even for a 2WD
By axels on 05/22/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

The ride is hard but that's because it's based on a truck platform from Isuzu, not a civic from Honda. If you want a decent cheap SUV get one of these, but get it checked out first. If you want a cushy ride, get a CR-V or RAV-4 or some other CarUV. If you want great gas mileage, buy a civic hybrid.

If I Only Knew
By marcochardoofb on 05/08/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

Purchased SUV from dealer with warranty in 08/07. Engine died 01/08 with 74,000 miles. Now I find out why this SUV is no longer made. Engine eats oil, sounds like truck and terrible gas mileage.

Fake Honda
By Lizzie P on 03/27/08 08:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

I had very limited time to but a car and the Honda Passport seemed like the best choice at the dealership. I drove it for a year (it had 56K miles when I bought it) without a single problem. Then I started having trouble with it.In the past year, I have had the battery (which was new when I bought it), the alternator, the starter replaced. I have put two transmissions in it, both within a three week period, Today it is at the shop because it almost exploded last night and died on the side of the road. Thank goodness I still have 1000 miles left on the warranty, that gives me enough time to find someone to buy it!

Dont waste your money !!!
By sbattle on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

For the last 11 months my vehicle rattles and then dies when you accelerate at red lights and stop signs. I have taken it in to a honda dealership but they cant find the problem. They thought it could be the fuel filter and pump and I had that changed and it didnt help.