Used 2000 Honda Passport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

205k and counting
By megsmce

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

My grandma bought this car used in 2008, and I inherited it in 2011. We had to replace the transmission in 2009, then it worked fine. More recently, in the past two years, the air has quit working and due to the poor road conditions and salt in the harsh winters of wonderful Michigan, I've had several problems with the wheel bearings, fuses, axle, struts, shocks and rims. I know it sounds like a lot, but aside from the AC, they were due to very poorly maintained roads. Otherwise it's been a great, reliable car considering the miles I've put on it, and I'll be sad to see it go in a couple of months.

Fun to drive, goes forever, aside from issues with the shocks and no AC it's a very comfortable and surprisingly spacious ride.

Cute Suv
By HondaDude03

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

Cute little SUV. Runs well, only broke down once due to the fuel pump going out. Other than that it's a Honda baby.

better MPG 16 ain't cutting it

Going to miss it
By Stacey

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car. I bought it in 2005 and it has been awesome ever since. We have had to clean the EGR valve, which is a common problem, but if you just blow out the passage you don't have to replace the whole valve. Aside from a few other minor problems (it was a used car) this has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have had. Very sad to get rid of it, but its time to move on to a Mini Van.

Love its get up and go, my husband actually prefers my acceleration to any of our other cars.

The EGR is a pain and pretty common problem.

197K and going strong
By jkettle3

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Passport from the original owner in 2005 with 62,000 on it. Paid $4,200 for it. It had the standard fuel gauge problem, but nothing else. I've had to drop some money in it from time to time; A/C compressor and Alternator most recently, a valve in the tranny a couple of years ago a fan motor and fan switch. It does drink the oil like they say (I wonder where it goes), I've also put some joints and bushings in the suspension but for the money look how many miles I've gotten out of it. Sure beats making a car payment, and it sure does well in the snow. I'm shooting for 300K, I bet I see it.

It just keeps going

Since they don't make it any more, no suggestions

Pretty Decent
By Adam

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Passport for 5 years now and it has been great in the Colorado snow with upgraded tires. Only problems are the fuel pump, gas mileage, and the mysterious oil draining to never-never land. I also like how roomy it is - I am 6'6". Other than that it is great has decent power.

4WD in Colorado Winter Snow, Engine Power, Lay flat seats, tailgate, roominess

Fuel Pump, oil drainage, better quality parts.