2000 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Cute Suv
By HondaDude03 on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

Cute little SUV. Runs well, only broke down once due to the fuel pump going out. Other than that it's a Honda baby.

Going to miss it
By Stacey on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love this car. I bought it in 2005 and it has been awesome ever since. We have had to clean the EGR valve, which is a common problem, but if you just blow out the passage you don't have to replace the whole valve. Aside from a few other minor problems (it was a used car) this has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have had. Very sad to get rid of it, but its time to move on to a Mini Van.

197K and going strong
By jkettle3 on 08/27/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Passport from the original owner in 2005 with 62,000 on it. Paid $4,200 for it. It had the standard fuel gauge problem, but nothing else. I've had to drop some money in it from time to time; A/C compressor and Alternator most recently, a valve in the tranny a couple of years ago a fan motor and fan switch. It does drink the oil like they say (I wonder where it goes), I've also put some joints and bushings in the suspension but for the money look how many miles I've gotten out of it. Sure beats making a car payment, and it sure does well in the snow. I'm shooting for 300K, I bet I see it.

Pretty Decent
By Adam on 06/16/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Passport for 5 years now and it has been great in the Colorado snow with upgraded tires. Only problems are the fuel pump, gas mileage, and the mysterious oil draining to never-never land. I also like how roomy it is - I am 6'6". Other than that it is great has decent power.

Had better cars
By had better cars on 12/03/09 21:31 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV 4WD

Well we bought our passport at 6 years old and it seemed to be a nice car. it was valued at $12,000 and we brought them down to $9,000. After 4 days the transmission went out. Then after 6 months the transmission was not working right again. we waited a year to get the money to get a new one. It is acting up again! the windshield wiper motors and linkage have been replaced multiple times. The car does have power when you need it. 4 wheel drive works great when transmission is working. Love to drive it.

Bought it used
By mike on 06/29/09 16:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV

Bought my Passport used with a full warranty, 2 years old and 13K miles on it for 7,000 off list! It has problems now 7 years later, but what's new about that? It has had for several years a bad sensor in the gas tank so fuel gauge does not work. Costs $350 at the dealer to get it fixed so never fixed it! Same sensor also makes the check engine light stay on. One problem, cost $1400 to fix. Bad wiring from the factory got installed in some of these vehicles and insulation came off, so had to have entire wiring harness dealer replaced. That was the ONLY problem. Never has let me down..always starts and runs. Normal maintenance. Strong engine and transmission. Good air conditioning!

Very good vehicle
By pixie on 01/29/09 20:37 PM (PST)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this vehicle for 5 mos now and I've never been unhappy with it smooth ride, gas mileage average,comfortable driving, everything conveniently placed to reach, worth the used vehicle price, affordable.

Better than expected even for a 2WD
By axels on 05/22/08 15:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

The ride is hard but that's because it's based on a truck platform from Isuzu, not a civic from Honda. If you want a decent cheap SUV get one of these, but get it checked out first. If you want a cushy ride, get a CR-V or RAV-4 or some other CarUV. If you want great gas mileage, buy a civic hybrid.

If I Only Knew
By marcochardoofb on 05/08/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV

Purchased SUV from dealer with warranty in 08/07. Engine died 01/08 with 74,000 miles. Now I find out why this SUV is no longer made. Engine eats oil, sounds like truck and terrible gas mileage.

2000 Honda passport and ethanol gas
By lilk9or on 04/22/08 18:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV 4WD

Do not mix, ever since they changed the gas to having ethanol in it my Honda dies on me and stalls like crazy and I read in the owners manual that it says not to run methanol or ethanol in it otherwise it will have mechanical malfunctions. I do not recommend getting this vehicle since they are changing the gas to having ethanol in the gas. But all around besides that problem I like it a lot but with all the problems I think I am gonna get rid of it. Do not buy it!