Used 1999 Honda Passport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Passport SUV

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

excellent
By love my honda

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

had no problems with mine it held up great and was tough to my tailgate didnt squeak at all the seats were a little firm but still comfy the 4 wheel drive was great i was dissapointed when they quite making them but they replaced them with the pilots which are bigger and ride more like a car and get better gas mileage

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

cant think of one at all

Good
By Jaxy

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Good, economical SUV... Good gas milage for a SUV, Dependible Honda enginering, High functionality, Not a lot of wasted space... Its not a bus. Easy access to fluid chambers under hood.

Favorite Features

Price and function...

Honda passport - no issues
By xyz

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

Have not hand any major problems since owning the Passport. I have had to carry to dealership for 2 or 3 recall related items. ONly problem is that my gas indicator has gone out and will cost $652 to replace and the car is out of warrantly. Feel like warranty should have been for at least 5 yrs or 50000 miles NOT 3 yrs 36000 miles. overall I have no other issues.

Suggested Improvements

Instead of having the tailgate swingout should open down like a truck tailgate. Also do not like having to open up the top of tail gate to open the bottom tail gate.

Hmm, I guess it's alright
By Mike E

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I always liked the look of the Honda Passport although several of my friends jokingly called it the Assport. I have since bought and would have had a huge problem with a BLOWN catalytic converter, but as luck would rarely have it my warranty covered the $1700+ expense. I sorta glad it did happen because of a couple things that I had been putting off which were covered under another extended warranty I had purchased -- fuel gauge and horrible brakes. The brakes are still crappy; I believe the SUV burns a quart of oil every 3000 miles. Rides like an Amish wagon. Highway noise is like driving a wiffleball down the highway.

Favorite Features

looks and mine -- other than the warranty work -- has been dependable.

Suggested Improvements

Re-think the noise factors, Re-think whether people actually use this for off-roading and improve suspension.

4 Dr EX 4WD SUV
By cneal

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third Honda and up to this point, I was one of Hondas biggest fans...up till now. Honda should step up to the plate and recall all of these things. What an Embarrassment to the name (or lack there of). I really missed the boat on this one. I should have done my homework before I bought it, now not only do I have a huge car payment, but repair bills every 3 months. I can't wait to get rid of this thing (if I can) and get a Toyota. Even if it costs me more a month, it would be worth it!!!!

Favorite Features

Like the style and how it handles, when it's running!

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should do a recall and overhaul the transmissions and ABS brake systems in every passport!!!