1999 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Worst Car Ever
By Suga on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

The car was in the shop every 3 months. Maybe the reason is that it is NOT a Honda but a ISUZU.

Lemon is too good of a word
By karen on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

For the 1st 2 years i had this truck i mostly drove loaner cars. From the check engine light coming on every 2 weeks & taking 1 week to fix, to the computer being replaced & that took just under a month to fix to the gas gauge breaking & to fix that it confused all the service people. The service people for Honda have NO clue how to service this truck. This truck is just JUNK don't purchase it.

Car From Hell
By LJC on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I was a Honda Accord owner before I decided to get the Passport. Huge mistake. It is definately NOT a Honda. It was in the shop at least every 3 months. I was on the phone constantly with the the corporate office. Since I was in a lease they claimed they could not do anything. In the end my warranty was extendended from 36,000 to 60,000, which was the only postive thing. If I had not gotten the extention, I would have been thousands of dollars in the hole.

An Excellent SUV
By The Man on 03/12/02 22:31 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

This SUV is what you want your money to get you. It has the power you want and the looks you want. It blew my girlfriend's Explorer rite off the road, and my neighbor's V8 Grand Cherokee can't even keep up with my stock Passport. For $25,000 the Passport offers comfortable seats, great cargo room, and a Ready-To-Deliver-Power V6 Engine.

Great SUV
By Tasha Rosenberg on 03/12/02 22:25 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

I've had my passport since 1999 and I couldn't be happier with it.

An Excellent Car
By Seldonater on 03/12/02 22:18 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

This car handles very well, even at over 70 MPH. The Passport V6 achieves around 20mpg with mostly freeway use, and the engine is always ready to press you against the seat. The seating is quite comfortable and the engine sounds great. It blew the doors of my girlfriend's Explorer and had better pick up than my neighbor's V8 Grand Cherokee.

What a lemon!
By JeffA on 03/01/02 21:38 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck was nothing but trouble! It spent weeks on end in the shop for check engine light problems, blown computer board, and not going into park. After taking the truck back to the dealer numerous times and writing several stern letters to corporate, I was finally able to get out from under the lousy truck and back into a 2001 Accord. The Accord has been flawless. Stay away from the Passport!!! Don't forget, Isuzu, who makes the Passport is like 50% owned by GM!

not a Honda lover
By castle on 02/28/02 22:49 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Brakes not very stiff feels like it will not stop when you need it too.