Used 1999 Honda Passport SUV Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

Problems
By MT TROBLE

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I bought mine in 2003, soon afer I had problems with. The first major problem was the in take valve gasket went out that cost $400. That last for 3 years, then same problem repeated. There is problem with transmission. Once in while it would shift very rough but goes away after turn off and restart it.

It has power v6

Need have better suspension

My Passport has Been Beautiful
By Badasspassport

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Passport, yeah I know it isn't a (true) Honda in reality an Isuzu but fun to drive all the same could get a little more power from the engine but the 4wd and construction of the vehicle are impeccable.

4wd, Rear Axel (DANA 44!), Underbody protection I have scraped a lot of things under there, and interior

small displacement turbo charged diesel engine lots of torque and about 250 to 275 hp, better front cv axles

1999 Honda Passport
By Zankie

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

No major problems or repairs.

gas mileage & power for a V6.

tinted windows on all doors.

Toyota take me away!!!
By MF Dempc

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I bought the 1999 Honda Passport because I had heard what great vehicles Honda made - well guess what it's not a (true) Honda -should have done my homework better! This has been the worse car I've owned, looking to get rid of it now! Replaced transmission 11/8/4, hmmm bought it 11/18/98. Everything seems to be breaking not only the major things but minor things too!!! Looking to buy a Toyota now....

nothing!

Thand God they don't make them anymore!

Very Disappointed!
By Michelle M.

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Well, we're one of the ones that got a REALLY bad Passport. We got this car for my husband. We went with Honda because I've had GREAT experience with Acura and because of Honda's reputation. Passport styling is great, performance is crap. Dealer had to do a complete engine within months of purchase, problems occurred within weeks (rear wiper blades stuck, fuel injector leaks). Car burns oil like crazy--just not a reliable vehicle. We, too, are now stuck with a $300 per month payment and we've got many months to go before we pay this thing off. Currently, it is sitting at the dealer, undriveable--stalling and emitting white smoke from the tailpipe.

Looks. It's comfortable, if a bit stiff.

Improve the reliability