1999 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
excellent
By love my honda on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

had no problems with mine it held up great and was tough to my tailgate didnt squeak at all the seats were a little firm but still comfy the 4 wheel drive was great i was dissapointed when they quite making them but they replaced them with the pilots which are bigger and ride more like a car and get better gas mileage

Good
By Jaxy on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

Good, economical SUV... Good gas milage for a SUV, Dependible Honda enginering, High functionality, Not a lot of wasted space... Its not a bus. Easy access to fluid chambers under hood.

Honda passport - no issues
By xyz on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

Have not hand any major problems since owning the Passport. I have had to carry to dealership for 2 or 3 recall related items. ONly problem is that my gas indicator has gone out and will cost $652 to replace and the car is out of warrantly. Feel like warranty should have been for at least 5 yrs or 50000 miles NOT 3 yrs 36000 miles. overall I have no other issues.

Hmm, I guess it's alright
By Mike E on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I always liked the look of the Honda Passport although several of my friends jokingly called it the Assport. I have since bought and would have had a huge problem with a BLOWN catalytic converter, but as luck would rarely have it my warranty covered the $1700+ expense. I sorta glad it did happen because of a couple things that I had been putting off which were covered under another extended warranty I had purchased -- fuel gauge and horrible brakes. The brakes are still crappy; I believe the SUV burns a quart of oil every 3000 miles. Rides like an Amish wagon. Highway noise is like driving a wiffleball down the highway.

4 Dr EX 4WD SUV
By cneal on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third Honda and up to this point, I was one of Hondas biggest fans...up till now. Honda should step up to the plate and recall all of these things. What an Embarrassment to the name (or lack there of). I really missed the boat on this one. I should have done my homework before I bought it, now not only do I have a huge car payment, but repair bills every 3 months. I can't wait to get rid of this thing (if I can) and get a Toyota. Even if it costs me more a month, it would be worth it!!!!

There are better ones
By Mr49er on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV

I bought my Passport for my wife. She absolutely loves it. I, on the other hand, find it very uncomfortable to drive. On the passenger side, however, it's nicer. I keep having problems with the check engine light coming on and no Honda dealer can tell me why. I don't think Honda made a good move to team with Isuzu just to get into the SUV market. Like I said, "there are better ones".

DO NOT BUY A HONDA PASSPORT
By MJA on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I HATE THE HONDA PASSPORT I SPENT MORE TIME AT THE HONDA DEALERSHIP GETTING IT FIXED AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED THE PROBLEM I WILL NEVER BUY A HONDA AGAIN

1999 LX Wagon
By Chawtho on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I've owned a lot of Hondas in my life and it's very obvious this is not a Honda. It looks good from the outside but the Honda quality that I have become accustomed to is not there. Tailgate is very squeaky and poorly designed. Also the ride quality is sub- standard compared to other SUV's in this class. Just an average vehicle and nothing to write home about. I bought it used about a year ago and have had no major mechanical problems at this point.

It's a Truck
By MB2 on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Main annoyances are the sometimes squeeky tailgate window and frequently squeeky hood latch. Overall fit and finish are not near the quality you get with a real Honda. It rides like a heavy truck, which it is. Gas mileage is not good. Seats get uncomfortable during long drives. Also a lot of wind and tire noise on the hiway. Very capable off-road vehicle, plenty of power, low end torque, clearance, and decent handling. Good stability in snow and ice. So far no mechanical problems with the brakes or engine (48,000 miles). We'll still probably look for something different in the next year or two.

Great SUV
By jsol95 on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Well this is a very good suv, built on a solid platform and the 4X4 is excelent.....I know this information because I drive it all the time on the Beach at NC. As for the build my wife recently got into a car wreck and the car is so well put together that it held up in a 45mph head on collision without any injuries, the truck however is totalled, yet its only totaled due to the fact its a very expencive vehicle in insurance standards..I recomend this suv to anyone...and Im heading out to buy the Izusu brother.....