1999 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Problems
By MT TROBLE on 05/14/07 13:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I bought mine in 2003, soon afer I had problems with. The first major problem was the in take valve gasket went out that cost $400. That last for 3 years, then same problem repeated. There is problem with transmission. Once in while it would shift very rough but goes away after turn off and restart it.

1999 Honda Passport
By Zankie on 08/27/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

No major problems or repairs.

Toyota take me away!!!
By MF Dempc on 03/11/06 17:04 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I bought the 1999 Honda Passport because I had heard what great vehicles Honda made - well guess what it's not a (true) Honda -should have done my homework better! This has been the worse car I've owned, looking to get rid of it now! Replaced transmission 11/8/4, hmmm bought it 11/18/98. Everything seems to be breaking not only the major things but minor things too!!! Looking to buy a Toyota now....

Honda passport - no issues
By xyz on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

Have not hand any major problems since owning the Passport. I have had to carry to dealership for 2 or 3 recall related items. ONly problem is that my gas indicator has gone out and will cost $652 to replace and the car is out of warrantly. Feel like warranty should have been for at least 5 yrs or 50000 miles NOT 3 yrs 36000 miles. overall I have no other issues.

DO NOT BUY A HONDA PASSPORT
By MJA on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I HATE THE HONDA PASSPORT I SPENT MORE TIME AT THE HONDA DEALERSHIP GETTING IT FIXED AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED THE PROBLEM I WILL NEVER BUY A HONDA AGAIN

1999 LX Wagon
By Chawtho on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I've owned a lot of Hondas in my life and it's very obvious this is not a Honda. It looks good from the outside but the Honda quality that I have become accustomed to is not there. Tailgate is very squeaky and poorly designed. Also the ride quality is sub- standard compared to other SUV's in this class. Just an average vehicle and nothing to write home about. I bought it used about a year ago and have had no major mechanical problems at this point.

Great Ride
By drawsampson on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

I have had my Passport for eight mos. and have had only one problem with it and that was the ABS controller which was under warrenty so it really was no problem at all. Durint the past Christmas we drove over 3000 miles and the only complaint I have is the lack of cargo. My wife and I really dig this car.