149,000 Miles and still strong
By mfredrickson on
1997 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD
When purchasing a fifteen year old car, one must be wise. There are a plethora of aspects within an old car that can go wrong, no matter how well built the car is. However, I lucked out. I purchased my 97 Red Honda Passport 4x4 Loaded out with everything but leather and a sunroof over a year ago now. I bought it with a low 130,000 miles and since have put about 20,000 on within the one year of ownership Ive had. It has been a fantastic car. Only problems I have had was an old alternator and a bad window motor. My Suv has brought me through many a snow storm in one piece and keeps on running strong day in and day out. Overall, I love my passport. It isn't perfect, but it is darn good.
Favorite Features
I love the style of the exterior. The 4x4 system is great when in a bind. Its got a decent amount of get up and go for a big old suv. I have also gotten up to 23 mpg with it on long commutes. Not bad for an old truck.
Suggested Improvements
The windows whistle when driving over 70 in it..That is frustrating. It also has one cup holder..Why? The wheels get out of alignment pretty easily too. Those provide some frustration.