1996 Honda Passport Consumer Review: my 96 passport

1996 Honda Passport - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual)

my 96 passport
By travneal on

1996 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Passport from a small dealer in colorado after seeing it on the internet. My buying experience wasn't that great, but I am very happy with the car. I have purchased it with 111,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong with a little help from a new air intake. The car is fun to drive and has great offroad ability. I have had very few problems with it, things that the dealer should have fixed before I bought it, wich were taken care of. I have driven it for over two years on the highway, and off road, and I have had no complaints at all about the ride and cabin noise from any passengers I have ever had. In all I would buy it all over again.

My gavorite features are the folding flat seats, and the rear speaker boxes. The rear tie down points are great, but I wish there were more of them around the cabin area. The swing away spare is great for offroading, and doesn't get in the way of ground clearance.

It really needs a cup holder!! The drivers seat get a little uncomfortable after about two hours, and could use a little more padding. Since I enjoy offroading a little better suspension, or more ground clearance wou;d be nice, even though it already has alot.