my 96 passport
By travneal on
1996 Honda Passport LX 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought my Passport from a small dealer in colorado after seeing it on the internet. My buying experience wasn't that great, but I am very happy with the car. I have purchased it with 111,000 miles on it, and it is still going strong with a little help from a new air intake. The car is fun to drive and has great offroad ability. I have had very few problems with it, things that the dealer should have fixed before I bought it, wich were taken care of. I have driven it for over two years on the highway, and off road, and I have had no complaints at all about the ride and cabin noise from any passengers I have ever had. In all I would buy it all over again.
Favorite Features
My gavorite features are the folding flat seats, and the rear speaker boxes. The rear tie down points are great, but I wish there were more of them around the cabin area. The swing away spare is great for offroading, and doesn't get in the way of ground clearance.
Suggested Improvements
It really needs a cup holder!! The drivers seat get a little uncomfortable after about two hours, and could use a little more padding. Since I enjoy offroading a little better suspension, or more ground clearance wou;d be nice, even though it already has alot.