Used 1995 Honda Passport EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Passport SUV

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

Most Helpful|
190K miles and still runs grrrreat
By mark

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

190K miles and still runs grrrreat, I replaced just basic parts like brake pads, filters, and all belts. I had just 1 problem. My belt tensioner was cracked

Favorite Features

everything :)

Suggested Improvements

none

Everybody Knows Somebody...
By MzRevolutionary

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

...That loves a Honda! My mom got this car for me as my first car and I still have it 6 years later. Honestly the thing won't die! Love hate relationship. Engine is 100% and only the body is starting to go some. Had to replace a window motor and have replaced the timing belt. Other than that not one problem. Recently began squealing in extreme cold but only minor issue. This vehicle will run through whatever! I can honestly say I've put this car through more hell than the devil could bring and she is still going super strong. Would HIGHLY recommend if considering to purchase one. Only minor maintenance, rarely if every repairs and I'm at 200,000 miles. Wish I could keep mine longer :- /

Favorite Features

Reliability hands down! And turning radius. I don't know if its as fabulous as some cars but I've hit more U-Turns in tight places than should be allowed. Visibility is good, durability is great. I've got cloth seats and they still look like new by some Honda miracle.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the Passport back! This is by far a great vehicle and would love to see a more SUV'ish SUV than the minivan makeover Pilot that Honda has now. The Passport needs to make a stylish comeback!

Passport
By ben_k240

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Passport for over 4 years and it has always been as good to me as I have been to it. I bought it with 86K on it and have only had to make repairs typical of it's age. No major engine or transmission problems yet at over 120K. Compared to other SUVs of its age and class level, I'd say it is average to good. Things to watch for are alternators (tend to start 'chirping' or 'squealing'), power steering pumps (can start to hum loudly), and be mindful of CV joints because if they wear out from maintenance neglect they're expensive to fix on this vehicle. Overall I would describe this vehicle as rugged, reliable, and durable. The mileage to power ratio is terrible though.

Favorite Features

The 4W drive, while not shift on the fly, is excellent. I live in Northern Minnesota and have driven it through actual blizzards many times without ever getting stuck once. I've even been called on to pull out arguably more capable SUVs, such as a 2002 Dodge Durango.

Suggested Improvements

Alternator, quietness of ride, fuel economy.

My Buddy
By Passport Allegiance

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Passport. I've owned it now for 7 years, and at 185,000 miles, it still runs like the day I drove it off the lot.

Favorite Features

Ergonomics, cargo space, and drive handling and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The achilles heel is NO CUP HOLDER! No cup holder!?!? What were they thinking??

Passport to FUN!
By BC Walley

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Just bought this fun car, really can't give you solid personal experience. Running it hard for the weeks I've had it, and it runs great. Handles very well for an offroad/street vehicle. The turning radius is better than my Volvos. Getting 18mpg, running 17mi, one way to work, through many stoplights, approx. 30mph traffic, with one 2-3mi stretch of 50mph. I'm a happy camper... so far. Yeah, the interior is super basic, but I was looking for an upgrade to a Jeep, for fun in the woods, and reasonable compfort. I got just that. It has 130K mi, solid as a rock, looks sharp, fast, better than most fuel economy. My pdate in a year.

Favorite Features

Powerful, handling, solid, and SUPER FUN!

Suggested Improvements

Reduce some of the engine noise. Reduce wind noise in door and window seals. Add a sound system upgrade.