Used 1995 Honda Passport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Passport SUV

View reviews for a specific Passport model:

Not bad...
By sunbird94

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV (1995.5)

My dad got this 1995.5 passport from his parents after our 84 ramcharger gave up.the 3.2 v6 had a roar and thirst for oil,it needed head gaskets at 120,000,then we moved from PA to AZ and it had 130,000 i cleaned it up and it looked like brand new.it wasnt running for 3 months,battery was weak but it cranked right up like it was running 15 minutes ago.at 155,000 the AC went and we replaced the compressor with one from the junkyard,the squeal got worse and one day at 156,874 the ol family truckster gave up.i miss it alot and brought a tear to my eye as it got towed away with its new family,i saw it once more going down the road and on craigslist for $1500 and we sold it for $450.

Favorite Features

the body style was unique,the metallic silver paintjob,the reliability even in below zero pennsylvania temps,the roominess,the handling,and the acceleration

Suggested Improvements

the roar of the 3.2 isuzu engine,and the AC and power window problems

Everybody Knows Somebody...
By MzRevolutionary

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

...That loves a Honda! My mom got this car for me as my first car and I still have it 6 years later. Honestly the thing won't die! Love hate relationship. Engine is 100% and only the body is starting to go some. Had to replace a window motor and have replaced the timing belt. Other than that not one problem. Recently began squealing in extreme cold but only minor issue. This vehicle will run through whatever! I can honestly say I've put this car through more hell than the devil could bring and she is still going super strong. Would HIGHLY recommend if considering to purchase one. Only minor maintenance, rarely if every repairs and I'm at 200,000 miles. Wish I could keep mine longer :- /

Favorite Features

Reliability hands down! And turning radius. I don't know if its as fabulous as some cars but I've hit more U-Turns in tight places than should be allowed. Visibility is good, durability is great. I've got cloth seats and they still look like new by some Honda miracle.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the Passport back! This is by far a great vehicle and would love to see a more SUV'ish SUV than the minivan makeover Pilot that Honda has now. The Passport needs to make a stylish comeback!

Great
By Mooch

1995 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD (1995.5)

I have 160,000 miles on my Passport and have done about 30,000 of those myself. I have have had no repairs and have only had to do common maintenance (tires, oil, spark plugs and wires, and oxygen sensor). Running strong and with no signs of problems.

Favorite Features

Power button, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Better window tint, cup holders, power door locks that do not slip off track (easily fixable yourself but a pain in the @$$)

Passport
By ben_k240

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Passport for over 4 years and it has always been as good to me as I have been to it. I bought it with 86K on it and have only had to make repairs typical of it's age. No major engine or transmission problems yet at over 120K. Compared to other SUVs of its age and class level, I'd say it is average to good. Things to watch for are alternators (tend to start 'chirping' or 'squealing'), power steering pumps (can start to hum loudly), and be mindful of CV joints because if they wear out from maintenance neglect they're expensive to fix on this vehicle. Overall I would describe this vehicle as rugged, reliable, and durable. The mileage to power ratio is terrible though.

Favorite Features

The 4W drive, while not shift on the fly, is excellent. I live in Northern Minnesota and have driven it through actual blizzards many times without ever getting stuck once. I've even been called on to pull out arguably more capable SUVs, such as a 2002 Dodge Durango.

Suggested Improvements

Alternator, quietness of ride, fuel economy.

190K miles and still runs grrrreat
By mark

1995 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

190K miles and still runs grrrreat, I replaced just basic parts like brake pads, filters, and all belts. I had just 1 problem. My belt tensioner was cracked

Favorite Features

everything :)

Suggested Improvements

none