1995 Honda Passport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Everybody Knows Somebody...
By MzRevolutionary on 01/04/10 16:27 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

...That loves a Honda! My mom got this car for me as my first car and I still have it 6 years later. Honestly the thing won't die! Love hate relationship. Engine is 100% and only the body is starting to go some. Had to replace a window motor and have replaced the timing belt. Other than that not one problem. Recently began squealing in extreme cold but only minor issue. This vehicle will run through whatever! I can honestly say I've put this car through more hell than the devil could bring and she is still going super strong. Would HIGHLY recommend if considering to purchase one. Only minor maintenance, rarely if every repairs and I'm at 200,000 miles. Wish I could keep mine longer :- /

Passport
By ben_k240 on 11/23/07 09:40 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Passport for over 4 years and it has always been as good to me as I have been to it. I bought it with 86K on it and have only had to make repairs typical of it's age. No major engine or transmission problems yet at over 120K. Compared to other SUVs of its age and class level, I'd say it is average to good. Things to watch for are alternators (tend to start 'chirping' or 'squealing'), power steering pumps (can start to hum loudly), and be mindful of CV joints because if they wear out from maintenance neglect they're expensive to fix on this vehicle. Overall I would describe this vehicle as rugged, reliable, and durable. The mileage to power ratio is terrible though.

190K miles and still runs grrrreat
By mark on 03/06/05 01:23 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

190K miles and still runs grrrreat, I replaced just basic parts like brake pads, filters, and all belts. I had just 1 problem. My belt tensioner was cracked

Passport to FUN!
By BC Walley on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Just bought this fun car, really can't give you solid personal experience. Running it hard for the weeks I've had it, and it runs great. Handles very well for an offroad/street vehicle. The turning radius is better than my Volvos. Getting 18mpg, running 17mi, one way to work, through many stoplights, approx. 30mph traffic, with one 2-3mi stretch of 50mph. I'm a happy camper... so far. Yeah, the interior is super basic, but I was looking for an upgrade to a Jeep, for fun in the woods, and reasonable compfort. I got just that. It has 130K mi, solid as a rock, looks sharp, fast, better than most fuel economy. My pdate in a year.

My Buddy
By Passport Allegiance on 03/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Passport. I've owned it now for 7 years, and at 185,000 miles, it still runs like the day I drove it off the lot.

passport review
By rfig on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems to mention. At about 101K miles had a miss, replaced plug wires, problem solved.

What a
By mickydu on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Driving our 1995 Passport EX 4x4 has been very enjoyable. ride has been comfortable,plenty of room, rear also, just a little stiff...we've had very little repair other than the usual maintenance. averaged 14 in the city and nearly 19 on the road./..this vehcile has plenty of uphill power with it's electronic gear shifter..the 4wheel has been superb in the snow we've taken it on several long trips never feelling driver or passenger fatigue. there's some air noise from the moon roof, but not bad, it can be drowned out by a little low music...hope to find another quality SUV in our near future...

Black Flag Honda
By McJJrod on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Passport EX 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the worst truck i have ever had. I had the car a year and it was in the shop 13 times.. I even had the engine replaced and it still doesnt run right. This car has cost me 7,000 dollars in repair out of my own pocket.. and I pitty the person who has to drive it next. Honda sucks!!!!!