1994 Honda Passport SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passport model:
Great car
By R Nair on 06/08/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had this car for about a year and I have limited use for it. I have taken it for long drives (1000+ miles)and pulled a bunch of cars out of the snow (as I live in the blessed snow belt). It has never broken down or given any problem. The engine and tranny have been smooth and trouble-free. It gives decent mileage for the size of the car. I would definitely recommend this car!

honda's run forever
By willoughby who on 03/14/06 00:59 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

i purchased this car for 800 at auto auction and i could not be more pleased a dealer would of been asking at least 5000 for it. it looks and runs great and because of it my next car will be another honda

Overall I can't complain
By Anita Murray on 07/13/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the vehicle with 110,000 miles on it. I have had to replace a lot of little things water pump, belts, alternator, electric windows, valve cover gasket, spark plug wires, most everything however any car that has almost 200,000 miles on it will have to have all that done if it even still runs. Mine still runs good is beginning to use a little oil and some other minor things but it is 11 years old. It needs a cup holder and intermittent wipers and is a little rough riding and noisy even after I changed the shocks. The gas mileage needs some work but I like the size and I use it as much as a truck as I do a car. Considering the age and milage its been good. I plan to keep driving it.

A powerful, good looking... LEMON!
By PNW Rep on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

Good power / interior room / rugged good looks and off-road capability to match. But, nothing more than an enclosed, base-line 4x4 pick-up. If you need something to commute to a construction site and don't care if the windshield wipers, power windows, door latches, or heater core work, you will like this car. Also be prepared to fork out some big bucks for valve work at around 100kM if you prefer not to have the engine sound like a baby rattler.

Excellent
By Edemcord on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV

Ever since i baught this vehicle it is perfect drives excellent <> no complain but deffinately need a cup holder

Passport 1994
By 5highpockets on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Passport SUV DX 4dr SUV

Have had very good experience. Car has been very reliable. Over entire eight year life, have had very few issues. Paint, interior, engine hve all remained very durable. Had the 4 cylinder engine.

Nothing But Trouble
By BadMove on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Passport SUV DX 4dr SUV

I have a 1994 Honda Passport with around 139,000 miles on it. Every since I bought it in 1997 it has been very dissapointing. It really does not deserve the Honda name because it doesn't live up to the usual quality and reliability standards associated with that name. I have had to fix (or attempt to fix) several oil leaks. The most recent one leaked into the alternator and ruined it. I also found out from several mechanics that this Isuzu engine starts to have problems around 100,000 miles and the problems are mostly irrepairable. I would highly recommend NOT buying this vehicle because you will have major problems.

Honda Passport
By ktt on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Passport SUV LX 4dr SUV 4WD

Ran good up to about 100k, then stuff started to go wrong. Water pump, cv boot(VERY EXPENSIVE), and lots of small things. Don't think it was make to solid, because it makes lots of small sounds and squeaks. The engine now may have a knocking rocker that may be expensive. Not a very ruged off road vehicle. It does have lots of room in it. I have a friend that has a 4 runner, and in the back of a 4 runner there is no leg room, but in the passport their is lots of room. It was a good car in the earlier milesf

Honda Eval
By Hazel on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Passport SUV EX 4dr SUV 4WD

Versatile car. Had a number of repairs after I first got it. Good reliability since then.