2014 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: How do you get excited about a

2014 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L w/Navigation Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

How do you get excited about an appliance?
By obyone on

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first and probably the last minivan. Based on recommendations we purchased this van with the only requirement being a powered tailgate. Most friends commented that we were moving backwards going from SUVs to a minivan. Personally didn't matter to me since I don't drive it.

If we had bought a Touring Elite I probably would have got excited about the built in vacuum. Then again compared to my Home Depot special 16 gallon wetvac would probably put the builtin to shame. For the EX-L w/Nav best feature is the camera on the right mirror. For those who text and drive, the lane departure and imminent front collision simply are must haves in my book. Not that I text and drive but for those who do.

If interior roominess is a consideration I'd recommend the Nissan Quest. In fact I thought the Quest was a better value. Then again as I posted previously I don't drive it. I just pay for it.