love my van
By lovemyvan1 on
2014 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is the 2nd Odyssey I own. My last one was a 2002. I can't understand why they would put a camera on the right mirror for safety, but not the left. Very spacious - very comfortable.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats and ride, right camera with turn signal, back up camera. Power closing rear doors. Easy fold down back seat. Locking glove box. Lumbar support. Lots of storage. Driving chain instead of a belt.
Suggested Improvements
Left turn signal camera!!! Better info on music screen - have song name and artist come up as a whole sentence instead of 1 or 2 words at a time. I would have liked more upgrades without having had to buy leather seats ( I HATE leather seats ). An auto closing lift gate would have been great. Heated cloth seats. To push the button to make sure the door is locked - I wish the beep was louder. Lumbar support for passenger seat.
By bd21
on 04/26/14 06:34 AM (PDT)

The Odyssey is a great van, but it does indeed have a timing belt or driving belt/chain as you called it. The belt must be changed at 105,000 miles or 7 years whichever comes first. Just look in your owner's manual under the maintenance schedual. It will cost you over $1,000 for this maintenance to be performed. Toyota has a timing chain which does not require changing. By the way I'm pro Honda and I own an Odyssey. I'm also a mechanic and I changed the timing belt and water pump on my Honda Civic.

By ebeaudoin
on 05/24/14 08:34 AM (PDT)

I'm a Honda salesman. There is no camera on the left side because it would be counterproductive to look right to the infotainment screen to see an image of what is in your left side blind spot. Instead, Honda has the Expanded View Driver's Mirror.