2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
If You Have To Buy A Minivan.....
By scottque on 08/27/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have four kids ages 5-12, and this car just replaced our 2008 Touring. Honda just does a minivan right - this thing is a great kid-hauler. It has slightly more room inside than our '08, yet the van looks lower, sleeker, and less boxy than our old van. Decent acceleration, great turn radius, and quality interior materials. We have yet to hit the EPA mileage in the highway but on our only long trip in it thus far we had a cargo bag on the roof - which probably explains the 23 MPG. Thing drives much smaller than out is.

Our First Odyssey
By kcoughlan on 08/08/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let's first start by saying that for the last 10 years we have driven an '05 Pontiac Montana SV6 that by far was the worst piece of garbage that any one could ever be forced to drive. It is sitting in our yard with a remote possibility that anyone will ever take it away, even for free.Worthless! We were able to purchase our new Odyssey at a Honda discounted price with amazing finance rate. ,one of the reasons we chose this over the Toyota Sienna.($4000+ in savings) So far the van has gone far beyond our expectations as far as quality.A few issues that are mentioned later. Runs great on the highway, although we have only been on a few trips with it.

Great car, but measurements on Honda website are misleading
By tcurtiss on 07/31/14 16:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a new 2014 Odyssey. Got it home, and realized that the width of the vehicle, with the mirrors at normal driving position, did not fit in my garage (width of 92 inches). The website states the width is 79.2 inches, regardless of the style. But this measurement doesn't account for the mirrors. The REAL width of the car is about 92.5 inches, so in order to fit the car into a normal size garage opening, you have to pull one of the mirrors in before you enter the garage door entryway. Not a very good start and no one realizes this when you start looking. I measured my garage before starting to look, but never thought the Honda or Edmunds web sites would be incorrect.

The last Honda I will own!
By sheldon10 on 07/28/14 13:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our fifth Honda. We bought it for the reliability that we have come to love and expect from Honda. The transmission is worthless in this vehicle. It jerks violently between 1st and 2nd gear. The problem is intermittent, but happens quite often (especially in Houston heat). I have brought it in 3 times now and the dealer thinks I am crazy. I spent $41,000 on a piece of trash. I am absolutely beside myself with frustration. I intend to pursue the lemon-law in the wonderful state of Texas. I would not wish this vehicle on my worst enemy!

Noisy top of the line
By luis44 on 06/24/14 13:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Honda Odyssey Elite 2014, the top of the line Honda model, one which do not require additional purchases, has a flaw that detracts all positives, and apparently will not be acknowledged by Honda and its dealers. Purchased the vehicle brand new with very few miles. Upon driving the vehicle home for the first time, we noticed a very annoying sound coming from the front of the vehicle, anywhere from the windshield area, to sunroof, we yet do not know. Once the vehicle reaches freeway speeds of 70 plus this death rattle takes over. 3 times at dealership, resealing of windshield each time, but the noise persists. Call Honda, the feel nothing is wrong. Check forums regarding ugly noise.

Very nice vehicle
By sgilbert on 05/22/14 21:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We enjoy the stable roadabiity, quietness, comfortable, supportive seats, roominess, smooth quiet engine. So far, (3700 miles), no squeaks or rattles. Several minor negatives: the ride is a bit "truck like" (not real "supple), and the dash controls are not" intuitive" - took us quite a while to learn how to program things, work the a/c, etc., as the knobs and buttons are not in expected places, nor do they perform the function I expected. We finally have it figured out, but even the huge owners manual lacked "how to" information that produced quick understanding. Gas mileage on a trip at 65 mph often about 30. Even around town usually over 20. V-6 has ample power. Overall, we love it.

Disappointed
By twintrouble63 on 05/22/14 08:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving my van for 6 months now, and several long trips with the grand kids, the 8 passenger seating and 26 mpg rating are the only good things I can say about this purchase. This is the first Honda I have ever owned, and if this is the top of the line product for them, it will probably be the last. The electronic technology is old and outdated. The Navigation system is worthless. The entertainment system is also not up to par. The COOL box has proven to be worthless for keeping things cold and has turned out to be just another storage box. The alarm and remote start are a joke. Overall this van has not lived up to my expectations and I’m very disappointed with this Honda.

Probably the wisest choice
By applesnkids on 05/15/14 21:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We only have two kids and still chose this minivan after a TON of research. Overall, I'm very happy with the van and it was probably the best choice. That being said, I sometimes wish I would have gotten something way more exciting -- but that's not really where my life is at the moment. When I drive by myself, it's zero fun. When the van is full, it feels right for our family. Considering the other options out there including a plethora of SUVs, this is a solid choice and the best one out there. It's easy; sliding doors, plenty of room, well laid-out for the most part, mellow drive. If I had three kids, I don't think I'd look at anything else. It's a perfect beach/surfing vehicle.

Like it!
By dowpwr on 04/18/14 19:19 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got my Odyssey a little bit ago and I really like it. The tech features are nice especially pandora and the text on-screen. It's very quiet and handles good. Plenty of space in it for kids and gear. Does handle like a minivan as expected. Make sure you get the Michelin tires rather than the continentals. There is a big difference and trust me the Contis are horrible. The best bang for you buck is the EX-L in my opinion. My kids use iPads and iPhones and have no need for a rear entertainment system. Nav would be nice, but I use my phone for that stuff on the fly. The one thing I will be keeping track of is the Tranny. Had an Accord with Tranny issues and hoping honda fixed it!

How do you get excited about an appliance?
By obyone on 04/07/14 10:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first and probably the last minivan. Based on recommendations we purchased this van with the only requirement being a powered tailgate. Most friends commented that we were moving backwards going from SUVs to a minivan. Personally didn't matter to me since I don't drive it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$148 per month*