2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Most Helpful|
Our First Odyssey
By kcoughlan

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let's first start by saying that for the last 10 years we have driven an '05 Pontiac Montana SV6 that by far was the worst piece of garbage that any one could ever be forced to drive. It is sitting in our yard with a remote possibility that anyone will ever take it away, even for free.Worthless! We were able to purchase our new Odyssey at a Honda discounted price with amazing finance rate. ,one of the reasons we chose this over the Toyota Sienna.($4000+ in savings) So far the van has gone far beyond our expectations as far as quality.A few issues that are mentioned later. Runs great on the highway, although we have only been on a few trips with it.

Favorite Features

We love the interior design, more than enough leg room in second &third row seating to accommodate adults along with our children. The 8 passenger seating is great for us.. The rear heat /air control is a great option.The cargo area in the rear can accommodate all luggage and accessories with room to spare. Great power and handling on the highway. Solid,quiet ride.(tires??) Our new Odyssey gives us great gas mileage on the highway but can be a little thirsty in city driving. (800+ kms on a tank?)Overall we are looking forward to many road trips in what appears at this point to be a very good choice of a minivan.

Suggested Improvements

Left side camera for lane changes etc should be standard. Minor shim when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear, as others have stated. Hope this doesn't become a more serious problem? One major disappointment is that the van came with Continental tires.At around 7000 kms ,weeks ago, at higher speeds we can increasingly feel the wash board effect from the tires. The dealer is going to have to come good on this or I will have to remove these myself. This is a major disappointment because we wanted the Michelins. Also disappointed that our model did not come with automatic tailgate.$800 option? Dealer wanted 300+ for body side molding ,but installed Honda molding off ebay for $150

Front end suspension noise!
By vabeach1

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this van brand new in September 2014 and just traded it in with only 2300 miles on it this month. The Odyssey has a horrible creaking front suspension noise that the dealership won't fix. The van is nice and new, but sounds like an old car that needs new shocks. After allowing the dealership to attempt to fix the problem four times and the van being in for service for over 39 days, we were told by Honda that they are aware of the problem and that they do not have a fix for it right now, so Honda is calling it normal noise. Long story short...there is no fix for it and Honda refused to do the Lemon Law. So, we just decided to trade it in on a better vehicle.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would be the space inside the van.

Suggested Improvements

Front suspension, needs faster response when inputting information into the navigation (response is very slow due to the two screens), better vehicle power, better interior finishes(plastics are cheap and scratch easy, key fab distance needs to be improved (you have to be within a foot of the vehicle), better sound system, better edging on carpets on the floor of the vehicle (edges are just left raw, showing frayed edges), and wind noise coming from sunroof needs to be addressed.

Disappointed
By twintrouble63

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving my van for 6 months now, and several long trips with the grand kids, the 8 passenger seating and 26 mpg rating are the only good things I can say about this purchase. This is the first Honda I have ever owned, and if this is the top of the line product for them, it will probably be the last. The electronic technology is old and outdated. The Navigation system is worthless. The entertainment system is also not up to par. The COOL box has proven to be worthless for keeping things cold and has turned out to be just another storage box. The alarm and remote start are a joke. Overall this van has not lived up to my expectations and I’m very disappointed with this Honda.

Favorite Features

8 passenger seating

Suggested Improvements

Add more electronic technology starting with an integrated remote start, and alarm that automatically sets. Try interfacing with smartphones to allow new technology to be integrated more easily. Add more features on hi end models like rain sensing wipers, power folding mirrors, dual auto tilt mirrors, tire pressure sensors, etc...

If You Have To Buy A Minivan.....
By scottque

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have four kids ages 5-12, and this car just replaced our 2008 Touring. Honda just does a minivan right - this thing is a great kid-hauler. It has slightly more room inside than our '08, yet the van looks lower, sleeker, and less boxy than our old van. Decent acceleration, great turn radius, and quality interior materials. We have yet to hit the EPA mileage in the highway but on our only long trip in it thus far we had a cargo bag on the roof - which probably explains the 23 MPG. Thing drives much smaller than out is.

Favorite Features

Love the blind spot camera, all of the electronics and integration with my phone. Really, really roomy inside and well designed. We have the "truffle" leather interior and my wife and I both love the color - quite unique. The cool box is, well, cool.

Suggested Improvements

Come on, Honda - this thing is wide! Include power folding mirrors on the top-line trims - I nicked my mirror while backing out of my garage the very first time I tried! Even my 10-year old XC-90 has 'em! How about an all-around camera in addition to the rear-view and blind spot? Also, what is with the huge headrests in the third row? I am sure they improve safety in a crash, but they really block the driver's view through the rear-view mirror. Last - I'd buy the four-wheel drive version if you offered one, and that's the only reason I even considered the Toyota.

Ongoing mechanical failures
By hcooley3

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2014 Oddy in late 2013 after testing out all other competing vans. We loved the styling, the way the van drove, and believed in Honda reliability. Fast forward 18 months and we cannot wait to get rid of this van. The transmission went out two months ago at 16K miles (replaced) and was quickly followed by failed power steering (also replaced). The van was towed to the dealership this morning because we found a 3-foot diameter puddle of fresh transmission fluid on our garage floor. The tranny issues started as other people have written in their reviews. People, beware of this van. We are lobbying the dealership and Honda Corporate for a replacement.