2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Smart cars are dumb
By Arnoldo Betong

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our car detects imaginary individuals in the heat, opens the windows and sunroof, and floods when the rainstorm hits. A lemon of a design. I will never buy Honda again

Ongoing mechanical failures
By hcooley3

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2014 Oddy in late 2013 after testing out all other competing vans. We loved the styling, the way the van drove, and believed in Honda reliability. Fast forward 18 months and we cannot wait to get rid of this van. The transmission went out two months ago at 16K miles (replaced) and was quickly followed by failed power steering (also replaced). The van was towed to the dealership this morning because we found a 3-foot diameter puddle of fresh transmission fluid on our garage floor. The tranny issues started as other people have written in their reviews. People, beware of this van. We are lobbying the dealership and Honda Corporate for a replacement.

Front end suspension noise!
By vabeach1

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this van brand new in September 2014 and just traded it in with only 2300 miles on it this month. The Odyssey has a horrible creaking front suspension noise that the dealership won't fix. The van is nice and new, but sounds like an old car that needs new shocks. After allowing the dealership to attempt to fix the problem four times and the van being in for service for over 39 days, we were told by Honda that they are aware of the problem and that they do not have a fix for it right now, so Honda is calling it normal noise. Long story short...there is no fix for it and Honda refused to do the Lemon Law. So, we just decided to trade it in on a better vehicle.

My favorite feature would be the space inside the van.

Front suspension, needs faster response when inputting information into the navigation (response is very slow due to the two screens), better vehicle power, better interior finishes(plastics are cheap and scratch easy, key fab distance needs to be improved (you have to be within a foot of the vehicle), better sound system, better edging on carpets on the floor of the vehicle (edges are just left raw, showing frayed edges), and wind noise coming from sunroof needs to be addressed.

Transmission is going to be Trouble!
By roncarr

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Honda Odyssey (don't ask me why). My 2014 EX-L has the same problem with brake rotors warping every 12k miles. The driver's seat still lacks comfort for all-day driving ( I transport medical patients and run abt. 300 miles per day). This new 8-speed transmission will probably cause a class-action lawsuit... it's not going to last. Quite often when slowing for a stop light or other reason, and go to resume speed, the transmission acts like it does not know which gear to go into, and then finally goes into one with a thud! Had the OEM Fog Lights added to the tune of $600... don't waste your money, they throw light the first 3 feet and then nothing! Worthless.

Roomy for my patients

Design front brake rotors that do not warp every 12000 miles! Make the driver's seat comfortable for us bigger people. Re-design the Fog Lights so that they actually function properly. And please... sell them with Michelin Primacy tires mounted, not some cheap Continental off brand.

Watch out for the transmission
By geh86

2014 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Ody replaced my 2003 Ody (I want to 2003 back!). I am very displeased with our 2014 Odyssey's shifting. Acceleration/deceleration is not smooth. This has nothing to do with ECO mode. I did not notice this issue on the test drive (should have done extensive city driving). The overall design of the van is nice, but had I foreseen the transmission issues, I would never have bought it. I could shoot myself for not buying the Sienna (which I had driven [not by choice] as a rental several times). I kept telling myself the Sienna's interior and features are not as nice. But annoying transmissions are far worse of an issue; definitely not worth the extra 2 miles per gallon!

Interior design/comfort

Go back to the 2003 era transmission. Sure, a few of them burned up, buy mine lasted 160K miles with no problems.