2014 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
How do you get excited about an appliance?
By obyone on 04/07/14 10:07 AM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the first and probably the last minivan. Based on recommendations we purchased this van with the only requirement being a powered tailgate. Most friends commented that we were moving backwards going from SUVs to a minivan. Personally didn't matter to me since I don't drive it.

Only had 3 1/2 months but...
By jonrobert2 on 03/18/14 19:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Research said the Honda was the minivan to get so I did. I considered the Toyota but with recent recalls across their line I never even test drove one. Simply got a good price (29500 EX) and that was it. There was a unsettling clop sound like a horse shoe in a parade from the suspension that proved to be from 40psi tires. I reduced to spec 33 and no more clop. Sound is now as one would expect from a car over bumps. We regularly get 30 mpg plus or minus 1/2 in extended cruise mode and 23 mixed with about 18 city. The only real complaint I have at this point is it took several window frosting to discover the defrost button. It carries 8 people, looks nice, tows and gets 30mpg. Enough said

Great Van
By eel2 on 03/03/14 13:23 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have 3 kids and all in car seats. This van has enough room for all three in the second row and the middle seat pulls forward-way better than the Sienna. Roomy and a lot of neat functions. Best safety rating of all vans. Averaging between 23-24 MPG.

First Odyssey
By rwen on 02/08/14 20:31 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had a 2011 Sienna limited FWD. Traded for 2014 Odyssey with high expectations due to better safety ratings, blind spot and lane departure warning, and so claimed better MPG up to 28 MPG on hwy. After having owned and driven both cars, realized each has plus and minus features. If you use navigation often, this would not be ideal car (see below). Cargo area a bit smaller than Sienna, though 3rd row more spacious.

Our Second Odyssey (EX-RES) - Great Van/Great Value
By grover432 on 02/06/14 11:01 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our first was a 2011 model which had no issues other than a fussy 5 Spd automatic that vibrated when upshifting. Our 2014 6 speed doesn't have the transmission vibration but it "tugs" a bit on downshift when cold. Van drives and handles well. The controls you touch most have been improved. Interior noise is about the same as the Sienna. While it may cost a bit more than some of its competitors, it retains its value on resale. We leased our 2011 with a buyout of $19,300 (CAD) after 36 months. We bought it out and sold it for $26,500, taking the $7,200 in equity plus $1,500 in cash from Honda and bought a new 2014. We were only out of pocket $9,000 for a brand new van!

Disappointed in my 3rd Odyssey
By anonymousrus on 01/21/14 10:21 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery of my 2014 Odyssey EX-L just a couple of weeks ago and already regret my purchase. I had previously owned 2 Odyssey's that were great but this 2014 is a huge disappointment. The ride is very stiff and reminds me of the 1991 Ford Explorer that rode so bad if gave me neck and shoulder pain. This Odyssey already has rattles and the OEM Continental tires suck in snowy northern Indiana. If somebody has a PHD in computers (or a 10 year old grandson) the instrument panel is then probably understandable to program, but for a "60 something" it's WAY too confusing, plus the instruction manual is literally as thick as a Bible. I wish I had my old van back!

Seats 8, hauls, tows need nothing else. Code confusion.
By jonrobertcar on 12/07/13 18:36 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Why is reliability stars required? How would I know as it is new with less than 200 miles. There are only a few choices to seat 8 people -sub as light tow truck/haul cargo. The Honda Odyssey rose to the top no matter how I sliced it and diced it. The Toyota seemed very dated on the interior. If I am going to spend 30ish grand then I would expect a little more pizzazz in the interior. Otherwise the Toyota was a solid contender. We would seldom need to seat 8 but for the times when parking is a problem we can all meet and pile in and make the last drive/arrive together at the event. Therefore I spent the extra to upgrade from the LX 7 pass. to the EX 8 pass.

Honda all the way!
By metro21 on 11/29/13 23:26 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had an 09 Odyssey that I traded in for a Dodge product- worst mistake ever! Ended up trading the Dodge in for this one. The 14 is so much better than even the 09. The 6 speed tranny is now standard which bumped up MPG and the drive. The 3rd row seats also fold down much easier. The dual screens are a unique touch which I like. HondaLink is kind of a joke at this point (downloaded the app on my I-Phone) but I do like that the car will read you text messages and let you respond while driving. I looked at other vans but no one was even close to the Odyssey when all is considered. Note: The CoolBox does NOT make things cold, it uses the car A/C to keep things cold.

Glad we chose Odyssey over Sienna
By pastorbmk on 11/14/13 09:21 AM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2001 Chrysler T&C tranny died, so we shopped for a new vehicle. We test drove and thoroughly inspected the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna and were open to buying either. While we loved the roominess, front seats, ease of steering and quick acceleration in the Sienna. We liked the ease of use, electronics layout and smarter features on the Odyssey better. Both are excellent cars. Sienna is roomier but hard to figure out the controls on the tiny screen and to move the 2nd row seats - 3rd row is cramped for adults. The Odyssey has good use of space and better electronics layout, easier to operate seats and gadgets, and seems sportier to drive on the Odyssey. Love our new 2014 Odyssey.

Research pays off...
By attolev on 11/05/13 19:04 PM (PST)

2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did it all -- Edmunds, Consumer Reports, NHTSA, other buyers, Toyota, Chrysler/Dodge, Nissan, Ford Flex -- NONE compared to the Odyssey EX-L. Add the RES (DVD system) for $1400 more and it becomes a no brainer. Odysessy rides better than the rest. It is quieter, best gas mileage, and Honda plastic is superior to all others, even nudges out the Toyota. You must test drive each, look at the features/cost, resale value, trade-in values, financing options, and hands-on inspection. I chose the Odyessy over the Toyota as costs were similar. I chose it over the Chrysler because of the difference in features, quality of materials, road noise, looks, reliability, resale, etc.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Honda Odyssey in WA is:

$146 per month*