Used 2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Drives nice, feels cheap
By Honda User

2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Mechanically the car runs quite well. Quite, comfortable, handles turning well, stylish looking from a distance. My biggest complaint is the interior built quality. Panels don't line-up, big gaps through out, loose panels, loose covers, rough edges on plastic, etc. Just today, I discovered the pull-strap for the rear folding seats were installed reversed, the same problem as my driver side seat-belt. All these won't effect the performance and safety of the vehicle but yet, they reflect the poor workmanship at the factory. Not sure if this is related to the design, build location or work ethics, I had a Japanese built (import) Honda/Acura before and it was near flawless. Ironically thanks to those loose fitting parts inside the car, I was able to hide the wire for my rear dashboard camera all the way from the front to the back. Next time when you go buy a new/used Honda, take a close look at those details and see if you thing the price justifies quality.

Good car
By Michael Shtutman

2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love my man van
By alejandro marino

2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This van looks very sleek, inside and out. Interior is very quiet and spacious. If you have kids, you can separate them because there is 3 rows. Hondas are very reliable. I had I a choice between a town and country and an odyssey. I went with the odyssey. Better quality and better resale value. All used town and countries I found were rental company trade ins. This honda was certified and I bought the extended warranty. Very happy with my purchase.

Leather is uncomfortable for long trips
By orangelebaron

2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I do not own this car, however, I am frequently asked to drive it as favors.
First off, this car replaces a 2000 Odyssey which has cloth seats and gets better gas mileage with the same size engine. The cloth seats in the 2000 are more comfortable for long trips.
The car drives and handles well and the backup camera works great.
My main complaint are the leather seats. Up to approximately 100 miles, the seats are comfortable enough. After that, you may start experiencing numbness and sharp pains in your butt and legs. My passengers were also complaining about the seats during a trip back from NYC to the Poconos.

The back-up camera. Sliding doors.

Make the seats more comfortable for long trips. Clean up the mess of knobs and button on the dash... too much going on!!! Light up the door lock button so I can see it at night!!!! Everything else is lit up, why isn't the door lock button???

Lower Quality Standards?
By sms71

2013 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Long time Honda owner. Finally traded in my '04 EXL-RES that I bought new on a Wht/Truf '13 EXL-RES.
Many improvements in features and ride.
Love the interior and vehicle is excellent for long trips.
However after 5 months of ownership, quality issues are surfacing.
One wheel replaced for poor finish and now noticed others that should never have passed inspection.
Paint match on bumpers & painted trim is poor. Rough & thin paint (see through to dark plastic) where rear bumper meets quarter panel and base coat runs where rear quarter panel meets side door.
At just over 7K, began experiencing heavy vibration under moderate braking.
Not the quality expected on a $37K+ HONDA vehicle!!

Interior quality and comfort. Improved ride quality. Power tailgate. Back up camera is excellent feature. Cool box nice on summer trips. My kids (and I) love the stereo system with subwoofer. 27-28 MPG on flat highway trips.

QUALITY!!! HONDA needs to learn how to paint plastics to match metal like other manufacturers have apparently done. Improve paint and finish quality in general. Having these quality issues on this new vehicle and recently dealing with an '06 Civic with suspension issues and a cracked engine block, I am starting to lose faith in Honda quality.