2013 Honda Odyssey 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Lower Quality Standards?

2013 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L w/Rear Entertainment Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Lower Quality Standards?
By sms71 on

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Long time Honda owner. Finally traded in my '04 EXL-RES that I bought new on a Wht/Truf '13 EXL-RES. Many improvements in features and ride. Love the interior and vehicle is excellent for long trips. However after 5 months of ownership, quality issues are surfacing. One wheel replaced for poor finish and now noticed others that should never have passed inspection. Paint match on bumpers & painted trim is poor. Rough & thin paint (see through to dark plastic) where rear bumper meets quarter panel and base coat runs where rear quarter panel meets side door. At just over 7K, began experiencing heavy vibration under moderate braking. Not the quality expected on a $37K+ HONDA vehicle!!

Favorite Features

Interior quality and comfort. Improved ride quality. Power tailgate. Back up camera is excellent feature. Cool box nice on summer trips. My kids (and I) love the stereo system with subwoofer. 27-28 MPG on flat highway trips.

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY!!! HONDA needs to learn how to paint plastics to match metal like other manufacturers have apparently done. Improve paint and finish quality in general. Having these quality issues on this new vehicle and recently dealing with an '06 Civic with suspension issues and a cracked engine block, I am starting to lose faith in Honda quality.