2013 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Good, except for rear entertai

2013 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

Good, except for rear entertainment center
By tallyesq on

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like most everything about this van, except the rear entertainment center. Traded in a 2002 Ody with 176k for this one. I have 3 kids and want to be able to play movies and music for them. I pop a DVD in on the first road trip and the kids in the third row cannot hear the dialog unless the volume is turned all the way up. I take it back to dealer to make sure all settings are correct and they tell me it is working as it should. I call Honda and they tell me passengers should wear the headphones?! The old Ody's RES worked great in all rows. Pretty angry that RES will not "entertain".

Space, automatic doors, more quiet than 2002 model, good XM reception (unlike my Acura TSX), good crash ratings and features, rear camera works well, hope it will be as durable as my last one.

The rear entertainment system is not suitable for its purpose. An expensive mistake. The speakers are very weak for passengers (sounds great in the front seats). The second row seatbelts get caught in arm rests when seats are in "wide" mode. Second row seats will slide back and forth when driving if not returned to upright position.