2013 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Leather is uncomfortable for long trips
By orangelebaron on 02/26/14 20:43 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I do not own this car, however, I am frequently asked to drive it as favors. First off, this car replaces a 2000 Odyssey which has cloth seats and gets better gas mileage with the same size engine. The cloth seats in the 2000 are more comfortable for long trips. The car drives and handles well and the backup camera works great. My main complaint are the leather seats. Up to approximately 100 miles, the seats are comfortable enough. After that, you may start experiencing numbness and sharp pains in your butt and legs. My passengers were also complaining about the seats during a trip back from NYC to the Poconos.

Lower Quality Standards?
By sms71 on 09/07/13 07:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Long time Honda owner. Finally traded in my '04 EXL-RES that I bought new on a Wht/Truf '13 EXL-RES. Many improvements in features and ride. Love the interior and vehicle is excellent for long trips. However after 5 months of ownership, quality issues are surfacing. One wheel replaced for poor finish and now noticed others that should never have passed inspection. Paint match on bumpers & painted trim is poor. Rough & thin paint (see through to dark plastic) where rear bumper meets quarter panel and base coat runs where rear quarter panel meets side door. At just over 7K, began experiencing heavy vibration under moderate braking. Not the quality expected on a $37K+ HONDA vehicle!!

Wind Noise is still an issue
By kelvestto on 08/30/13 07:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When you're test drive a 2013 or 2014, make sure you pay close attention to the wind noise and road noise. It's a design flaw that you can hear outside wind noise when driving above 60mph. You might not able to hear your kid from the second row with the wind noise.

USB/ Bluetooth
By vimanman on 07/30/13 17:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just traded a 2007 Odyssey for a 2013 Odyssey EXL . The car drives Great and all the interiro features are nice but...... WTF the USB plays in an archaic fashion, you cannot play files as you woudl on your computer or any other car.... The bluetooth DOES NOT show what song is playing... Its quite a shame that Honda decided to ignore this part of the Odyssey. I purchased a 2013 Civic a few months back and It has all the features, (USB that you can pay your files in order, Bluetooth that displays the song) I am wondering why Honda seels a car ^ months later that has such archaic technology.

Almost perfect! Except...
By minivandad1973 on 06/03/13 12:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

All-in-all the 2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite is a fine mini-van. We traded in a 2010 Cadillac Escalade for the Odyssey. We are exceptionally pleased with the overall comfort and flexibility of the seating configuration. I wish the passenger front seat offered 10 way adjustments for longer trips & comfort. My biggest issue is with the navigation system. It only displays a few street names when zoomed in on the map. This is a first of any car we owned with navigation. Shame on Honda for not updating their software to be on par with almost all other NAV systems currently manufactured. Honda tech support is aware of the issue. Besides these two minor issues it is a great mini-van.

Good, except for rear entertainment center
By tallyesq on 05/18/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I like most everything about this van, except the rear entertainment center. Traded in a 2002 Ody with 176k for this one. I have 3 kids and want to be able to play movies and music for them. I pop a DVD in on the first road trip and the kids in the third row cannot hear the dialog unless the volume is turned all the way up. I take it back to dealer to make sure all settings are correct and they tell me it is working as it should. I call Honda and they tell me passengers should wear the headphones?! The old Ody's RES worked great in all rows. Pretty angry that RES will not "entertain".

Spory Luxury Accord with room for 8
By milescruiser on 01/26/13 05:26 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 2nd odyssey , first one is 2005. It is a much improvement, very refined quiet, very comfortabe, and fun to drive. it takes the curves better than the old odyessey, despite of the reduced road feel secondary to the electric power steering. The driver seat is very comfortabe. I choose this over the Mercedes GL 450, essentially I have every thing for 1/2 the price and Honda reliblity and good resale value. the car does not lack any horse power, push the gas and vtec kicks in at 4000 rpm and the car flies, most of the time you do not need that with family and kids. It realY feels liKe a sedan. 4000 miles no problems. Gas consumption much better than my old odyassey.

Stay with your old Honda
By luvmycars3 on 11/27/12 20:56 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Compared to my touring 2009 the new van falls so short. The inside quality has been reduced to that of an Amerian made van. The ride is not as smooth. Options are now overpriced. My 2009 had an buyer within the hour at above book price. Interesting that even others see he value in the older models. You do better o by a used Honda with the old body style. The old style is a blast to drive.

2012 first impression
By etj1 on 11/23/12 07:30 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We traded in our 2006 Odyssey for a 2013. My first impression is its much quieter than the old model. Gas mialage seems to be better as well.Front legroom seems a little less though. Hopefully this one will be as reliable as the last.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Odyssey in WA is:

$146 per month*