Use to LOVE the Honda Odyssey! So sad the love affair is over
By exhondalover on
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
We have owned a 2001, 2006, 2009, and now just leased a 2012. If you are thinking Odyssey, think of other vans. Definitely do your research. The storage and plushness or the van has really cheapened through the years. I was going to explain myself more, but this forum limits your characters. I am very happy that we lesased and did not buy. Honda has gone cheap on me! The upholstery in the interior is junk. I always loved Honda for it's functionality and every day conveniences of storage and comfort, but at the same time style and class. They have replaced their simple beauty with cheap plastic and less functional storage and conveniences. It is no longer a pleasure to have a Honda!
Favorite Features
I think the new body style is pretty. I like the Bluetooth connection for music and handsfree phone. Also, previous vans, the sound system you could hear conversations outside the van, in the 2012, others cannot hear your conversation outside of the van. I still love the automatic doors. The computer system in the navigation is great, but the turn knob is ridiculous! I liked the touch screen better that was in the earlier models. I like the rubber mat in the cargo area, but besides that I miss so many of the features that the older Hondas had!
Suggested Improvements
Well, where do I start? The plastic near the passenger side of the dash is cheap! I miss the extra glovebox as well as the storage under the middle seat in the 2nd row. I miss the storage in the floor where the spare now sits. This is the most inconvenient place to have the spare. Our first van had the spare there and you have to take out all the seats to access the spare. Fun to do when you have kids and you are stranded on the side of the road! The cupholders are not as plentiful as before. The doors feel cheap when you shut them. I honeslty do not know what Honda was thinking. The 2009 was a better van, but I didn't see us staying in it for 3-4 years. So disappointed Honda!