Touring Elite Owner
By norcalhills on
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
This is our first minivan. We traded a 2008 BMW X5 for the van and so far we love it. At the time we bought the van, we also traded a 2006 BMW 550i for a Mercedes E350. We NEVER use the Mercedes, my kids think its boring. They always want to use the van. We have put 8K miles on the van in 6 months. It handles great, rides well, has plenty of horsepower (for a van), and our kids actually like taking road trips, something we could never get them to do before. We got the Touring Elite, and the only problem so far is a warped windshield that Honda agreed to replace. The fit and finish look great. We got Black with the Truffle interior and we get a lot of compliments from others.
Favorite Features
1- Comfortable ride; 2- Good horsepower for a van; 3- Great Handling for a van, just did a quick road trip up to the Sierra Nevada's and it handled the curvy roads with relative ease; 4- The entertainment system, my kids are 11 & 10 and they can play their music or movies with the headphones on and my wife and I can listen to our music; 5- Comfortable seating; 6- Lots of features for the money; 7- Although I've heard the styling is somewhat "controversial", I like it. We actually get compliments about the styling and some people even say that it doesn't look like a minivan; 8- Lots of space and the fold down backseat;
Suggested Improvements
The driver's legroom is somewhat limited for anyone 6 feet and over. More horsepower, although more than adequate for most, i'd still like to see a little more. Offer a steptronic style automatic transmission, where you can go through the gears a little bit.