2012 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Honda Odyssey 2012

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Review

Honda Odyssey 2012
By jai2 on

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just brought it last week, by my experience, the worst part of this vehicle is its Navigation System, I bet, nobody can find the AT&T sore in it, I tried for 2 days to search just to check if it works. They charge 2000+ for Navigation system whereas for 300 we can get the best from Garmin or Megellan so never buy with a navigation.
If i place the child seat in the 2nd row middle seat the enterance to the 3rd row is blocked because the bucket seat doesnt fold then.
No place to put children toys etc.

Spacious

Upgrade Navigation to new level it is rubbish. Unnecessary features are there like input through coordinates (Degree North and South), Zagat Review (useless) doesnt show nearby restaurants .

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By kanecc
on 05/24/12 08:45 AM (PDT)

So if you admit that a $300 Garmin is superior to a $2,000 factory installed navi, why go for the touring models at all?

By happymomto3
on 11/01/12 13:54 PM (PDT)

I have a 2005 Odyssey and love the navigation. It is far superior to any navigation in any other American made car (my husband has a Suburban with one and it's horrible!). It is also far easier to use and more dependable than a Garmin. My husband purchased a Garmin for his previous car and it was horrible. It sent us on paths to destinations that were not direct and took a great deal of time longer than needed. I can't speak to the 2012, but I would guess that the navigation has not changed drastically. I guess there are people who would complain about anything!