2012 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Drive it on the Interstate bef

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Review

Drive it on the Interstate before you buy
By jaw407 on

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2008 Odyssey Ex-L with Nav. and rear entertainment for the 2012 EX-L. I tried to return the van the next day and was told my trade was already shipped off and they didn't have it anymore. What a disappointment in the drive. The dealership is not near the highway so the test drive was fine. It wasn’t until after I bought the van and got onto the Interstate that “buyer’s remorse” set in. The wife and I could hardly carry a conversation from the loud road and wind noise. The steering is much more sensitive and it felt like the van was getting blown all over the highway. My 2008 was much quieter and the drive was more enjoyable than this 2012. We travel a lot on the interstate and if I ever get equity back I’m trading it in as soon as I can.

Comfortable drivers seat

First and foremost; Get Rid of the road and air noise. Fix both side view mirrors. There is a larger than normal blind spot. Re-position the air control knobs. While driving when you adjust the temp. you can't see what degree you are setting it to because your hand is in the way. Cheap plastics, especially dashboard.