Disappointed!
By mom_on_the_go on
2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We purchased a new 2012 Odyssey in Dec. I traded in my 2008 Sienna with over 100,000 miles. Big mistake!!! I really enjoyed driving the Sienna. It was easy to maneuver and I had no problems getting in and out of parking spaces. It also had nice leg room in the front. The Odyssey leg space is so small my husband sits in the back with the kids even on short trips around town. The worst parts are the SLOW back doors and the fact you have to hold down on the remote key for 3 seconds before the doors begin to open. Big issue- the car pulls to the left when going over 60 mph in fast lane. Service dept said it was because of minor slant in road for drainage?!?!
Favorite Features
It's a good looking van.
Suggested Improvements
Faster passenger doors. Quiet sunroof noise. Very loud when visor open to sunroof. Remote key should open doors after hitting button quickly. Just like locks open. Back lift gate that doesn't sound with alert for duration of opening and closing. Fix car pulling to left at fast speeds in fast lane. More leg room in front seats.
By yinzermama
on 08/18/12 13:29 PM (PDT)

BTW the dealer would not give me back my Sienna - said it was a liability issue now and they could not sell it back to me. So I am stuck with the Ody.

By yinzermama
on 08/18/12 13:27 PM (PDT)

Also I didn't realize until we bought the van that the back windows don't open - what the heck???

By cycliste
on 08/07/12 13:05 PM (PDT)

We had the same problem with a brand new Toyota Camry and were told the same story about crown on road and drainage, turned out to be an odd problem with the drive-train the dealership was able to fix (after we escalated the issue to Toyota HQ...!). We bought the LX trim because we did not want to deal with the automatic doors problems and gadget issues that plague most loaded minivans. Everything works fine. I am 6'3 and am wondering how big your husband must be as I find the Ody's cockpit very spacious. Test drove the 12 Sienna and Odyssey, the latter won by a large margin.

By yinzermama
on 08/18/12 13:26 PM (PDT)

I feel like you and I should start a support group. I just traded in an '08 Sienna 8 pass because of a leaky cargo area no one could figure out. I would give anything to have my leaky Sienna back. I actually went to the dealer and asked for it back, to trade in the Odyssey. I agree with everything you say. Doors slow to open. Have to mash keys on key fob to make controls work. Etc. I have no problem with leg room (I am short) but the trunk in the Ody is a good deal smaller than my Sienna - Husband claimed he measured but I really should have taken my stroller with me to really compare. Most annoying feature for me is I could flip and store an outboard seat in the Sienna, with a strap, but in the Ody if you don't lock the seat back into position it just slides back and forth while you drive. I freaking HATE this car. That said I do not like the new Sienna so I have no regrets not going that route. I just wish I had taken one more stab at getting the leak fixed in my old Sienna or looked for a certified Sienna of similar vintage. Toyota had it right with that generation of car.