Used 2012 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Not your everyday mini-van
By stephanie37

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this van a year and half ago. It was the best purchase I have ever made. I haul around 3 large dogs, 3 children from 5-13 and there is still room for the husband and our luggage.. I put 25k miles on the van in less than 2 years. I only ever had in the shop for routine oil changes and tire rotation. I bought this van for its convenience, comfort and above all safety. The van is loaded with safety features. Sadly, just this week I was t-boned from the drivers rear by a driver speeding off an exit ramp. The van performed exactly the way I had hoped it would should an accident occur. The van is totaled and I am walking with only minor injuries. If you want safe, get Honda!

The space.. Everyone was always comfortable. I drove my van back and forth to california this summer (1800 miles one way) my body never got sore. I have the rear entertainment system.. the kids enjoyed their trip. There was more than enough space for everyone 3 adults and 2 children, plus 2 weeks worth of luggage and room for the trinkets to come back home. I loved the cooler feature, so we could keep our drinks chilled! Its the small things that make long trips comfortable.

larger cooler or a small seperate one for the snacks to go.

Very Disappointed
By aj71

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing to Sienna we desided to go with the Odyssey. Van looked great but we noticed excessive vibration from day 1. Contacted dealer and they said it will smooth out once broken in. This didn't happen and after many visits back to the dealer to balance tires, update computer etc etc the issue is still there and since they can't solve it we're now being told this vibration is normal. Also the paint on the plastic parts doesn;t match the rest of the car - also normal according to Honda. Road noice was a little more than I expected as well

The sad thing is I love this van other than these issues. Looks good on the exterior and interior is nice too but I will be looking to trade in soon and get a Sienna. I don't need these headaches.

Sort out the transmission issues and stand behind your product and fix it if there is an issue.

Transmission Replacement at 18K
By jcv77

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I decided that the Odyssey would be the best bet based on our growing family but soon had doubts. 1. After 4K miles the windows started rolling down automatically when the car was parked - at home, in the parking garage at work, in downtown DC. I took it to the dealership twice before they diagnosed a defective key fob and replaced both keys. 2. At 18K miles we started noticing a little hesitation when driving on the highway between 45-55 miles per hour. I took it to the dealership where they told me the transmission needed to be replaced. Now with a new transmission we have 25K miles and I feel a similar hesitation. I think I need to trade the van before the warranty is up.

"Swimming"
By confused47

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2012 Odyssey is only 6 months old. A month ago I noticed water (puddle) in the rear cargo floor well.I was told this doesn't happen to the Odyssey only in the Honda civic. So after a week without my van I was told it was the rear seam sealer was missing and this is how the water was getting in. Well now I'm just waiting for the next rain storm. If I wanted a van with a pool I would have ordered one. Also there have been 2 recalls. Is this Van going to last at lest 10 years? I always had a Ford and my Ford Van lasted 10 years. I'm not saying don't buy the Odyssey because it is a good ,comfortable van, just buyer be aware.

2012 Honda Odyssey STILL VIBRATING (10 YEARS LATER)
By tdadamchik

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

As I head towards arbitration in January 2013 with Honda and do more independent research, it appears that this unfortunate vibration issue has been occuring as long back as 2001. Honda should be ashamed. I am making a personal mission to spread the word of the lack of Honda quality. Honda offered 4500 (2000 of which the lawyer gets) to shut me up and move on. I said, "Thanks but no thanks". Im taking my chances and going before arbitrator. I wanted Honda to pay the difference of what I owe and the KBB so I can just get rid of this thing. They said no. Consumers can only be fooled for so long Honda. The word will spread. [HTML removed]

None. I have this vibrating vehicle. The first time we are stranded on the side of I95, I will be filing a civil suit with the words I told you so somewhere in the deposition. Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! is the most valuable advice you can save yourself. Get a nice vibration-free Toyota Sienna!

Stop the vibration. For the love of God, how many people have to complain before you hire competent engineers to fix this problem? Put a fix in place. Nissan made good years ago on their trucks regarding the transmission coolant line running through the radiator. They fixed it for all consumers FREE of charge. I know, because I had a Nissan with 65000 miles. Nissan made good on their product. Honda has customers complaining for 11 years and has done nothing.