2012 Honda Odyssey STILL VIBRATING (10 YEARS LATER)
By tdadamchik on
2012 Honda Odyssey LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
As I head towards arbitration in January 2013 with Honda and do more independent research, it appears that this unfortunate vibration issue has been occuring as long back as 2001. Honda should be ashamed. I am making a personal mission to spread the word of the lack of Honda quality. Honda offered 4500 (2000 of which the lawyer gets) to shut me up and move on. I said, "Thanks but no thanks". Im taking my chances and going before arbitrator. I wanted Honda to pay the difference of what I owe and the KBB so I can just get rid of this thing. They said no. Consumers can only be fooled for so long Honda. The word will spread. [HTML removed]
Favorite Features
None. I have this vibrating vehicle. The first time we are stranded on the side of I95, I will be filing a civil suit with the words I told you so somewhere in the deposition. Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! Do not buy a Honda Odyssey! is the most valuable advice you can save yourself. Get a nice vibration-free Toyota Sienna!
Suggested Improvements
Stop the vibration. For the love of God, how many people have to complain before you hire competent engineers to fix this problem? Put a fix in place. Nissan made good years ago on their trucks regarding the transmission coolant line running through the radiator. They fixed it for all consumers FREE of charge. I know, because I had a Nissan with 65000 miles. Nissan made good on their product. Honda has customers complaining for 11 years and has done nothing.
By milescruiser
on 01/27/13 05:01 AM (PST)

I have 2 odysseys ( 2013 and 2005). and 1 accord hybrid 2007 and acura rl 98 and civic 89 and accord 97. i had none of these complaints.

By aj71
on 07/02/13 19:44 PM (PDT)

If you have no vibration count yourself lucky - for the rest of us unlucky suckers it's an endless run around from Honda as they balance the tires 4 times change the transmission oil and tell you the vibration is normal. I have a 2012 EX that has had the issue since new. If you get this issue you're on your own, Honda is not standing behind their product at all.

By jdw10
on 04/01/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

I have owned Hondas all my life. I currently have a 2005 odyssey that I have been driving for 6 years. I have never had a major repair on it aside from regular wear and maintenance. I definitely have not experienced a vibration issue. Honda builds a premium, quality vehicle. I have owned at least 6 different Hondas and have never had a major repair.