2012 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Honda Odyssey ex-l Nav
By darvesh1 on 11/19/12 15:23 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After many debates btw Sienna, Quest, and Odyssey, my wife and i finally decided to settle down on Odyssey mainly because of my long great experience with Honda accord and sporty look of Honda Odyssey. This is a fun car to drive, i love the features and option that are included in this car. I like the fact that it looks like a sporty minivan rather than mama's minivan. It's been three monthes and i'm enjoying it alot, my only complain is interior material that is very cheap. This would've been a top minivan had Honda used some decent interior material. The overall interior design is outstanding but material is very cheap.

Love this van!!
By brittanyx3 on 10/20/12 13:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

For one I am young, but have 3 kids 4,6, and 9! I was very hesitant on getting another mini van after i got out of my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan about 2 yrs ago! But i love this van! I dont feel like I am driving a mini van! The kids love the space that we have now after coming out of a 2010 Kia Forte Koup! They can move!!! The vans design is fabulous and love the 3 seats in the middle row! This is my first Honda ever so pretty thrilled with it so far! The drive is smooth! You dont even know its running after you start it! Has alot of power and love the electric doors and trunk! If you are looking for a good quality van this is for you!

Drive it on the Interstate before you buy
By jaw407 on 10/11/12 11:26 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2008 Odyssey Ex-L with Nav. and rear entertainment for the 2012 EX-L. I tried to return the van the next day and was told my trade was already shipped off and they didn't have it anymore. What a disappointment in the drive. The dealership is not near the highway so the test drive was fine. It wasn’t until after I bought the van and got onto the Interstate that “buyer’s remorse” set in. The wife and I could hardly carry a conversation from the loud road and wind noise. The steering is much more sensitive and it felt like the van was getting blown all over the highway. My 2008 was much quieter and the drive was more enjoyable than this 2012. We travel a lot on the interstate and if I ever get equity back I’m trading it in as soon as I can.

Love my new Odyssey
By 82d on 10/10/12 07:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my new Odyssey for a month and am very satisfied. I find the 5 speed transmission very smooth and would not recommend spending an additional $4000 just to obtain a 6 speed and another 1 MPG. I averaged 17.8 MPG on my first tank of gas per the on board computer (17.86 based on actual fuel consumption). This was with 100% A/C and city driving. I miss the middle row Stow and Go of my former Grand Caravan, but this is a small price to pay given the quality of this vehicle.

It checks the boxes but almost impresses
By psychic99 on 09/17/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

OK my 2005 Sienna XLE needed new --loved it. First thing, I can't believe how the interiors of these vans have CHEAPENED over the years. So much so I couldn't stomach the new Sienna. The Ody was just passable. Already the door switches are scratched because of the cheap plastic. I almost pulled the trigger on the Quest but couldn't get over the ugly stick and the suboptimal tranny (CVT). I have a Maxi CVT, it's just the load killed it. In any case driver console is just cheap. All the rest of the car is great. What were they thinking? Also should have 110 in 2nd row, not 3rd. Lots of finishing not good. Had to slap a few panels in, pull some plastic and carpet fibers. Hmm...

Just not the same old odyssey!!!!
By sadhondaowner on 09/14/12 15:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently traded in my 2003 Odyssey for a 2012. If you are considering the Odyssey, I would strongly suggest looking at the Toyota Sienna over the Honda Odyssey! At first we loved the van, but it is very apparent that Honda has compromised it's quality. Within a week of taking delivery of the vehicle it was apparent that the quality of the plastic of the interior trim was poor. We have scuffs and markings from the seat belt retracting. Honda's response is, "sorry that's cosmetic and not covered under warranty". We are also having a recurring loud noise coming from the front end. In all, Honda's quality is no longer what it used to be. There are better options for $40,000!!!!!

Great car to drive, just not a 4 kid car
By yinzermama on 09/03/12 09:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Middle row not as functional as initially thought. Traded in '08 8 pass Sienna for it. If you have 2 kids tops who use the middle as "captians" with the center down all the time - 3 in car seats - or 1 in the middle, 2 in the back - it would work. But the 8th spot is not comfy for all the time seating and the outboard seats, when slid to get in the back, still make a tight space and don't revert to their original position once up. Also you have to push the BACK of the seat to lock it so if your kid forgets you are driving with a seat bonking around you can't reach to click back in place. Long term, with 4 kids, I think a true 2 captain's chair set up would have been better for us.

Love my Ody BUT...
By mommabagby on 08/31/12 10:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really really love my van. We've owned for 6 months now and taken a couple of roadtrips with our 2 and 5 year old. It is so comfy and convenient and roomy for just such excursions. The only thing I am not happy about is our A/C. It doesn't seem to blow COLD. It's cool, but not cold. We live in Phoenix, AZ so when it's not blowing ice cubes (which I expect from a vehicle I paid around 40K for and is brand new) and it's 110+ degrees, that makes for a hot, irritable mommy. It especially doesn't seem to blow cold driving around town or when we stop at a light. Took it to the dealer, and they said the charge was low and recharged the system but I didn't notice a difference.

First Impressions are good, second a bit better
By insideinvestor on 08/30/12 11:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda. I compared this with the 2012 Sienna, 2012 Town & Country, and large SUV's. All compared vehicles were on IIHS' 2012 Top Safety list. Advantages over Sienna: Sleeker Antenna Larger Sunroof Easier to pull 3rd row seats Front row heater button easier to access Rear view camera display is larger compared to base XLE Gas mileage Variable cylinder management Disadvantages: Sienna has more leg room, cargo room, higher HP and torque Advantages over T&C: Ride quality seemed better in Odyssey Quality of materials also seemed better Gas mileage Disadvantages: Nav and rear screen DVD player standard in T&C T&C has LED lighting No movable pedal feature

Use to LOVE the Honda Odyssey! So sad the love affair is over
By exhondalover on 08/29/12 11:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have owned a 2001, 2006, 2009, and now just leased a 2012. If you are thinking Odyssey, think of other vans. Definitely do your research. The storage and plushness or the van has really cheapened through the years. I was going to explain myself more, but this forum limits your characters. I am very happy that we lesased and did not buy. Honda has gone cheap on me! The upholstery in the interior is junk. I always loved Honda for it's functionality and every day conveniences of storage and comfort, but at the same time style and class. They have replaced their simple beauty with cheap plastic and less functional storage and conveniences. It is no longer a pleasure to have a Honda!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Odyssey in VA is:

$79 per month*