2012 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Second Time Owner
By jvp58 on 09/10/14 10:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Odyssey my first was 2010 this one 2012. They both seem to have similar problems with the quality of the front end. I have had the 2012 for 2 yrs now and these are my thoughts. Before I go on let me say that I'm very familiar with how a car works mechanically. With 22,000 miles the van is in the shop for the following problems. Noise in left front, worse in the winter, grinding noise from engine,worse a low idle and strong vibration when applying brakes, worse when on highway. Just received call from service manager and here is the list of things that need to be replaced. Stabilizer links and bushings, Power steering pump, Front brakes and rotors and the two front tires.

Engine missfiring problem
By mike1419 on 09/03/14 13:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First a rocker oil sensor caused the engine to hesitate and misfire July 2013. Then Feb 2014 engine misfiring. Barely made it to dealer. Three spark plugs replaced and software update. July 2014 again misfiring, barely running. Made it to the dealer. Three pistons had rings replaced. This is all covered on warranty from a class action settlement I received in the mail. It appears to me that reliability has gone downhill. The van has 53,000 miles on it.

Too many disppointments!
By samnoe on 06/13/14 12:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I always loved Honda's, but now really disappointed. Engine is not enough (now 2014 still using the same weak engine, the Accord V6 gets 30 additional HP!). I am very upset with the sliding doors, worst design ever! Keeps beeping & stalling, Chrysler makes it better and also the Sienna. Wipers leaves 7 inches un-wiped. Ride is smooth but bad & loud on bumps. (Chevy Traverse is 10x better). At 17,000 miles it started vibrating, I had to change brakes/rotors! Steering wheel feels over-sized. Steering feel not great. Climate controls not intuitive. Remote key fob sucks, and still no remote starter! Turning circle not as tight as Sienna. Ugly gauges. Service engine light not good. Ugly Exterior!

My Honda Odyssey is a Lemon!
By atlantalemon on 03/16/14 06:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this new in 2012 and paid cash for this car. It broke down on the interstate 150 miles from Atlanta with a clogged ERG valve with 30,000 miles on it. The carborator broke apart also and it spent 7 days in the shop. This was in 2013. Now, 4/2014, I drove 1,000 miles after I changed the oil & all the oil is burning up! They are going to re-built the entire engine because it is burning oil at a rate of a 30 year old car! I will Never purchase a Honda again! Do your research because I have after all these problems and many Honda owners have had similar problems. They are lemons and my $40,000 went down the drain! I will Never Buy Honda Again!

Honda is getting cheaper, too.
By woiferl on 01/16/14 10:05 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking for a reliable minivan with ample space, high reliability and high resale value. The Odyssey clearly delivers in that space and surprised me with great performance and decent mpg - I get about 27 MPG on average. From that view and the resale value, itís an economical choice, even though Odysseys got rather expensive. $38K for a mid-level model is rather pricey for what you get in the end and when you look at the cheap plastics that are used throughout the car. The tech in the car is surprisingly mature. The most annoying feature is without doubt the auto-lock of doors. I canít remember how often I run out to the garage and only find all doors, except the driverís door, locked.

Cheap Continental Tires
By watsonk on 12/25/13 00:22 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 years of driving the mini-van, here is my review: 1) Cheap Tires - After 21,000 miles, the original Continental Tires already wore out. I had to spend over $600.00 for new tires. 2) Too Wide - I had an accident involving my garage and the mini-van fender. The car is just too wide for my garage. 3) Cheap Spoiler - The spoiler at the top rear of van is made of cheap plastic (but expensive to replace). I prefer it to be made of metal. 4) Sliding Door Jam - Clicking the pushbutton two times will cause the sliding door to stall. 5) Cheap Plastic Bumpers 6) No Side Molding - Paid about $300 for side molding purchase and installation. 7) Outside Temperatre Gauge not Accurate

One small problem!
By arby49 on 11/02/13 19:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

On two different occasions I have had a problem with accidentally leaving the windows and sun roof open. Apparently this happens if you do a certain combination (one that I haven't figured out yet) on the remote lock. As a result my vehicle has been flooded when it has rained. It seems to me there is a better way.

Not your everyday mini-van
By stephanie37 on 10/03/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this van a year and half ago. It was the best purchase I have ever made. I haul around 3 large dogs, 3 children from 5-13 and there is still room for the husband and our luggage.. I put 25k miles on the van in less than 2 years. I only ever had in the shop for routine oil changes and tire rotation. I bought this van for its convenience, comfort and above all safety. The van is loaded with safety features. Sadly, just this week I was t-boned from the drivers rear by a driver speeding off an exit ramp. The van performed exactly the way I had hoped it would should an accident occur. The van is totaled and I am walking with only minor injuries. If you want safe, get Honda!

Very Disappointed
By aj71 on 07/02/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing to Sienna we desided to go with the Odyssey. Van looked great but we noticed excessive vibration from day 1. Contacted dealer and they said it will smooth out once broken in. This didn't happen and after many visits back to the dealer to balance tires, update computer etc etc the issue is still there and since they can't solve it we're now being told this vibration is normal. Also the paint on the plastic parts doesn;t match the rest of the car - also normal according to Honda. Road noice was a little more than I expected as well

Transmission Replacement at 18K
By jcv77 on 04/29/13 18:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I decided that the Odyssey would be the best bet based on our growing family but soon had doubts. 1. After 4K miles the windows started rolling down automatically when the car was parked - at home, in the parking garage at work, in downtown DC. I took it to the dealership twice before they diagnosed a defective key fob and replaced both keys. 2. At 18K miles we started noticing a little hesitation when driving on the highway between 45-55 miles per hour. I took it to the dealership where they told me the transmission needed to be replaced. Now with a new transmission we have 25K miles and I feel a similar hesitation. I think I need to trade the van before the warranty is up.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Odyssey in VA is:

$120 per month*