2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:
Too many disppointments!
By samnoe on 06/13/14 12:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I always loved Honda's, but now really disappointed. Engine is not enough (now 2014 still using the same weak engine, the Accord V6 gets 30 additional HP!). I am very upset with the sliding doors, worst design ever! Keeps beeping & stalling, Chrysler makes it better and also the Sienna. Wipers leaves 7 inches un-wiped. Ride is smooth but bad & loud on bumps. (Chevy Traverse is 10x better). At 17,000 miles it started vibrating, I had to change brakes/rotors! Steering wheel feels over-sized. Steering feel not great. Climate controls not intuitive. Remote key fob sucks, and still no remote starter! Turning circle not as tight as Sienna. Ugly gauges. Service engine light not good. Ugly Exterior!

Cheap Continental Tires
By watsonk on 12/25/13 00:22 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 2 years of driving the mini-van, here is my review: 1) Cheap Tires - After 21,000 miles, the original Continental Tires already wore out. I had to spend over $600.00 for new tires. 2) Too Wide - I had an accident involving my garage and the mini-van fender. The car is just too wide for my garage. 3) Cheap Spoiler - The spoiler at the top rear of van is made of cheap plastic (but expensive to replace). I prefer it to be made of metal. 4) Sliding Door Jam - Clicking the pushbutton two times will cause the sliding door to stall. 5) Cheap Plastic Bumpers 6) No Side Molding - Paid about $300 for side molding purchase and installation. 7) Outside Temperatre Gauge not Accurate

One small problem!
By arby49 on 11/02/13 19:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

On two different occasions I have had a problem with accidentally leaving the windows and sun roof open. Apparently this happens if you do a certain combination (one that I haven't figured out yet) on the remote lock. As a result my vehicle has been flooded when it has rained. It seems to me there is a better way.

Very Disappointed
By aj71 on 07/02/13 20:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing to Sienna we desided to go with the Odyssey. Van looked great but we noticed excessive vibration from day 1. Contacted dealer and they said it will smooth out once broken in. This didn't happen and after many visits back to the dealer to balance tires, update computer etc etc the issue is still there and since they can't solve it we're now being told this vibration is normal. Also the paint on the plastic parts doesn;t match the rest of the car - also normal according to Honda. Road noice was a little more than I expected as well

"Swimming"
By confused47 on 04/04/13 09:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2012 Odyssey is only 6 months old. A month ago I noticed water (puddle) in the rear cargo floor well.I was told this doesn't happen to the Odyssey only in the Honda civic. So after a week without my van I was told it was the rear seam sealer was missing and this is how the water was getting in. Well now I'm just waiting for the next rain storm. If I wanted a van with a pool I would have ordered one. Also there have been 2 recalls. Is this Van going to last at lest 10 years? I always had a Ford and my Ford Van lasted 10 years. I'm not saying don't buy the Odyssey because it is a good ,comfortable van, just buyer be aware.

prev gen to current gen
By sirtiger on 01/30/12 14:54 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Lease was up on the 2009 LX and took on the 2012 EX for the SAME price. 2012 Pro: -Luxurious feel & I still own luxury cars for comparison -Many neat features are standard -Compared to the 2009, I feel is slightly wider but not sure on length. This is based on pure feeling. Cons: -Harder to see the corners. More difficult to make tight turns & parallel parking -Lost the lower latch storage in the 2nd row. -Lots of buttons to play with. Its not very intuitive and I am a techie -Compared to 2009, it loses some of its sporty cornering. The ride can be a tad numb.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Odyssey Minivan in VA is:

$132 per month*