Used 2012 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Mini Hope is her name
By Dave Klein

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Like the newer style , but liked interior of 07
By MarieB.

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving a 2012 (bought used) for almost a year. I traded in my 07 Odyssey for the 2012. I like the updated style of the exterior, but I miss some of the features of the 07. It drives/handles just fine, no complaints. There is quite a bit of road noise, for the $$$ a quieter interior would be expected. I like the way the 3rd row seats fold so easily. The center console is a poor design, once you put stuff on top, it's a hassle to get to anything that may have been put inside. Drawers would be a good idea. We miss the cup holders on the sides of the 2nd row seats. There is a center fold down with cup holders, but that isn't always down if there is an extra passenger or if the kids want to spread out. It is comfy, both the 07 and the 12 are super comfy and roomy. We've taken road trips with 4 adults and 2 kids with plenty of room for everyone and their stuff. I wish the power lift hatch was available on the lower models, I paid more because that is one feature I really wanted; but the other features aren't used often. All in all, we're pleased, but it is expensive.

3+ years & 28,000 miles
By CTJ

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love driving my 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L. I have 28,000 miles on it and have made no repairs to it, other than standard maintenance like oil changes, air filters, tire rotation. I've had no problems whatsoever.

I agree with the other reviewer who said the headrests are uncomfortable. I also wish there were more USB ports in the rear, but I believe that was added on the newer models.

Overall, I love this van!

Lots of small problems
By Don

2012 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The oil pan leaked off of the lot, steering column squeaks, the headrest forces your head to tilt down, and the sliding door roller makes a pulsing/tapping sound. This car has been garaged and parts are defective from the factory.

Buyer beware
By clint

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new. About 10k miles both front shock strouts came loose. (noticed a clicking noise during slow sharp turns). One strout replaced and the other only tightened. Covered under warranty, but in the shop for a week. 36,036 miles power steering pump went out. (Noticed excessive whining noise . Dealer refused to cover since the 36000 mile warranty expired. Lucky we had a 3rd party 100k mile warranty (deductable was $100). Finally 39k miles and after an 800 mile road trip. The traction control light and check engine light came on. Take it to the dealer and they find the piston rings wore out prematurely. Covered under the lawsuit settlement against Honda. This motor has been known to burn oil! So we took it to A local dealership and sold it. Honda is not what it used to be. Never buying Honda again. We have a new Sienna SE. Hope we have better luck !