2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Amazing Van

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

EX-L Passenger Minivan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Amazing Van
By mrwhy300 on

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have replaced my wife's BMW 325i with the 2011 Odyssey EX-L for a few weeks but so far we are loving it. Touring is nice but EX-L seems to offer the most for the buck. The interior quality is fine (not as great as Quest but far better than Sienna). The exterior is quite subjective. We got some compliments in the parking lot, mostly from younger couples. My folks think the styling is too aggressive. I think the lighting bolt design is just fine.

I wasn't so sure about our decision prior to the delivery (Quest is our second choice as its interior is so refined...) . However, once I received the Odyssey and have the time to look at the details and drive it often, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of many little things (homelink, bluetooth phone system, nice big backup monitor on the dash, built-in hard drive for music). The wide mode 2nd row feature is useful. We have two full-size children car seat installed, and wife can sit comfortably in the middle, taking care of the 2year old and the two month old during the trips.

Handling, steering is not as "precise" as a performance car but it is definitely one of the best out of all vans out there I would say. Some people would say that is not important for a van but driving a van does not mean you need to give up the fun of driving. I saw reviews saying the handling of previous Odyssey is better than this latest one. I could not comment on that as I haven't tried the older versions. However, I can say it is definitely better than the latest Sienna, which was our first choice before Odyssey and Quest came out.