Poor quality and terrible support service
By klim on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
My first car was a Civic and enjoyed driving it for many years and had a very good impression with Honda's reliability. I also have friends and family who bought Odyssey (2002, 2007 and 2010 models) and all recommend it. When I shop for minivan, I was thinking between Sienna and Odyssey. Then, Honda announced a new 2011 model (Sienna is coming with new model in 2012),and I bought it 3 weeks ago. To my disappointment, the quality is very poor-- Third row (magic) seat doesn't fold down a few times. Second row seat doesn't lock in place after you adjust the seat, it slides. Entertainment system doesn't shutdown today even after I removed the key and lock the door. Honda dealer is not helpfu
Favorite Features
Very roomy. A/C power outlet in the rear and cooler box are great new features. Bluetooth synch up my phone very quickly and I can play MP3 from my phone memory over bluetooth. Rear view camera take some time to get used but very helpful.
Suggested Improvements
2011 Odyssey still have many features not road tested or fully baked. Entertainment system is buggy (software bugs). Quality control need to improve.With Honda Remote engine starter, you can start and set the indoor tempeature. However, you need to stop the engine before you can open the door. How odd is that? Honda technician confirm this is the safety feature. However, many after market remote starters let you open the door insert the key and drive. You can't drive without the key. I wish Honda has 30 day satisfaction gurantee like my cell phone company and this car will be back in the dealer tomorrow
By klim
on 01/04/11 19:54 PM (PST)

I took it to the Bay Ridge Honda today. They acknowledged the problem and had to reboot the system twice by disconnecting the battery. They told me that it's fixed now but I'm concern with having to reboot it occasionally. C'mon, this is not an old Windows PC and Honda should have included a reset button if that's the case. It's not easy to unplug the battery if you're on the road without a special needle nose plier or a small wrench. Until they fix the software bug I think this is going to be recurring problem. I'm also disappointed that service consultant doesn't have a system to communicate that problem to their software developer or engineers. No feedback channel for developer? I'm very disappointed with Honda now. I just hope they have better process for safety features like brake. Otherwise, Honda will be recalling cars like Toyota.

By klim
on 12/27/10 19:06 PM (PST)

Update to my review. I couldn't go to dealer since they are closed for holidays and blizzard. I reboot the system by disconnecting and connecting the battery, entered the code. It seems to fix the front display (i.e: turn off when I remove the key) but still couldn't play DVD. I will take it to the dealer later this week.