2011 Honda Odyssey 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Odyssey is so good I

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Review

Odyssey is so good I got rid of my Porsche Cayenne
By danielk1974 on

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great van. I traded in my Porsche Cayenne S for this. We do a lot of weekend road trips and needed something a little more comfortable for the kids. I thought I'd miss the Porsche, but it hasn't been all that bad. In my opinion, that is a pretty strong statement. Handles well, rides very smoothly, and even accelerates better than expected. The interior is spacious, comfortable, and quite nice. Much nicer than any of the competitors minivans. Those all seemed cheap and harsh. We drive at 83-84 mph on the interstate and get 22 mpg.

Favorite Features

We use it for long road trips and I love to fold down the 3rd row seats and take a nap on the floor. Plenty long enough to spread out, relax, and sleep. We skipped on the rear entertainment system. Instead we got the two kids an iPad each and they can watch movies and play games and surf the internet. Two iPads = $1000 total. Rear entertainment was easily double that.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe make the exterior a little less jagged and disconnected looking. The rear lightning bolt is just not good looking. That is my only complaint.