2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Review: Not happy; Should have stayed

2011 Honda Odyssey Minivan - Consumer Review

Not happy; Should have stayed with Sienna.
By reyam on

2011 Honda Odyssey EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in Feb. 2011. It now has 12500 miles combined city and highway. This Honda shifts erratically and down shifts with a jerk. The transmission seems to be searching for the correct gear way too much. It has poor low end torque from a stop light and will occasionally not react when I step on the gas; scary when proceeding through a 4 way stop. I took it to the dealer 2 times but upon their road test said it was acting normally. Very noisy on interstate roads but quiet in town. I owned 2 Toyota Sienna's before; one had 157,000 miles and the other had 218,000 miles. No problems with either one. I went with Honda this time because Toyota was going through some quality control problems.

Comfortable seating and lots of room inside. I am a delivery person and carry various sized packages with in a 500 mile radius and like the cargo space. Good visibility and quiet in town. Feels like a safe vehicle. I like putting several music cd's in memory and not having to carry them around.

Fix the transmission problem; i.e. low end torque, erratic shifting and intermittent no response when stepping on the gas. My old Sienna with over 200 k miles had lots of pick-up from a stop light. My daughter's 4 cylinder car has more pick-up than this Odyssey.