Minivan for life
By v2004 on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
After we had a third baby I started looking for something that would fit the entire family without hassle and would be pleasant to drive. I looked at the Sienna and the Odyssey. While Sienna wins in the exterior styling and available AWD option, nothing else comes even close to the craftsmanship, comfort and quality of the Odyssey. The material (especially hard plastic) used in Sienna are just terrible, even the top of the line model feels cheap. The Odyssey on the other hand is very well made. It feels and looks expensive. The ride quality and especially cornering is much better than Sienna. While Odyssey feels planted without much of a body roll, Sienna feels like a boat on wheels.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature is a back up camera with the huge 8" screen. Honda did an extremely great job on the light distribution. The non xenon headlights are so good in illuminating the road that most of the time I want to believe that I actually do have xenons. I find myself driving this minivan more than I do my Audi. This minivan rocks!!!
Suggested Improvements
I wish Honda would offer an AWD option. Six speed transmission should be standard on all trims. Roof rails and body moldings should be a standard equipment on at least EX-L and upper models. LED tail lights would be a plus