I LOVE MY 2011 ODYSSEY
By pithpress1 on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I traded in my 2001 Odyssey for the 2011 model... I had already owned a 2010 for over a year. I love that car. I read where reviewer keep claiming that it is not a luxury car... what ELSE can they stick in the car? "gold bars"? It seems so much more "roomier" than the 2010 (and I love that car as well). All of the electronic gadgets are wonderful. I have made many long-distance drives and have truly enjoyed the experience. I just don't understand all the complaints about the external styling... What do you want, just the "box on wheels" look? When the two cars are side by side, I ask everybody, which do they like more, the 2010 or the 2011 style... the 2011 wins!
Favorite Features
I love the fact that the folks at Honda have stuck their necks out for the styling. They have really walked away from the old boxy look and have proven they can re-make the van... I think it looks great... it turns heads! I find these Odyssey haters comments irritating. I am not going to knock Siennas nor T&C (I have owned two '05 & '06) or the Caravan. They are different and have their strong points (T&C aren't cheap either). I think every car should stand on its own merits. The new Odyssey has strong merits. I love the cool box and the USB interface. I also love the spaciousness of the interior.
Suggested Improvements
Why did the take the change drawer feature out of the pull out? Boy does that bug me! They put some silly pull out on the left side of the stearing wheel! The center console is bulky and irritating. I can't stretch out my legs when I want to rest in the second row while someone else drives... the console now goes to the floor. On the previous models, the center tray folded down to let the kids come forward for TLC or the misses could go back... but now, NO... we have to stop. Little things but I don't like those changes. The stearing is missing the "TIGHTNESS" it had in previous models. It is not as responsive as the 2010... everybody who drives one, then the other, notices it.