Electronics are poor
By all4wheels on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had the 2011 with navigation system for about 2 months now. The good is that it sits a little bit lower to the ground and has good headroom. I am over 6 feet tall and the headroom and legroom are fine. It drives nicely. Compared to my prior 2001 Odyssey I would say that the ride of this van is "softer" and it is less responsive than my other van. The front hood slopes down and I am unable to see the front of the Van. This takes some time getting used to, especially parking in tight areas. Now for the AWFUL: The Navigation system is TERRIBLE. The bluetooth for the telephone drops every few miles. They are both useless.
Favorite Features
Ride is smooth. Headroom and legroom are good. Space is good in general.
Suggested Improvements
The Navigation system finds businesses according to where they file their taxes (per dealership-- no Joke). My Iphone does a better job that this system. I purchased a portable Garmin also. If they don't fix this software problem (they don't think they have a problem- The dealership told me to call a business that I want to drive to and ask for their address - yes, it is that bad) there is absolutely no reason to buy this. I think it was a phenomenal waste for me. The bluetooth is a joke for the phone. My friend (similar van without Navigation) has the same complaint.
By pithpress1
on 05/20/11 23:54 PM (PDT)

I have the same Odyssey as you do and I don't have the problem. There was a recall (for a software update on the entire audio system) but I haven't taken mine in because it is not exhibiting any problems. Quite to the contrary I own two 2011's (an ex-l and a touring) and neither of them show any problem at all. Is there a software update available for you? BTW -- I do agree that my Garmin nüvi 3790LMT 4.3-Inch is 100% more useful than the navigation system provided by the car company... I can use the 499 super device in Mexico and Canada... Don't understand why they don't bother with a better system.