Brake issues
By ny99 on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
We just reached 16,000 miles on our 2011 Odyssey and I have mixed feelings. The modern conveniences such as the XM radio, rear view camera, heated seats, and hands free phone are nice. It has smooth, quiet acceleration and handles much better than our 2006 Sienna did. The interior is well designed and it proved to be comfortable on a recent trip from NY to Florida. However, the front brake rotors have had issues and recently had to be resurfaced by the dealer. This isn't the first time I've experienced brake problems with a Honda vehicle, but it may be the last. The Sienna we traded in for this vehicle had 96,000 miles on it and never had any rotor issues. Fix the brakes Honda!!!
Favorite Features
XM radio, hands free phone, rear view camera, smooth & quiet acceleration, gas mileage as advertised, comfortable seats.
Suggested Improvements
The driver's foot rest is too wide and prevents you from fully extending your left leg. Road noise could be improved. (It's really bad with snow tires.) The sliding doors creak around turns. The quality of the brake rotors is terrible.
By ny99
on 11/25/11 14:30 PM (PST)

Now at 20,000 miles the rear brake rotors have also had to be resurfaced.

By dustync
on 09/15/11 17:14 PM (PDT)

Hate to say it, but you're just getting started. My 2011 EX now has 48,000 miles ( I'm on the road a lot). I have have the rotors replaced twice, turned once, new pads with the second pair of rotors. Brakes are starting to Pulse again, meaning they are warping again. The front struts were "broken" at 34,000 miles. The front windshield was very distorted and had to be replaced. The security system had to be repaired twice. The Good News: filed suit under Lemon Law on this 2011 Honda Odyssey EX.

By deadsurfer1
on 04/30/12 10:25 AM (PDT)

Wish I would have looked into this issue before buying my wife her 2011 Touring - 18K miles and the rotors are warped, the dealer blamed this on the way she must drive the vehicle!!! - Tell me how rotors can warp but the pads are not warn??? So the dealer tells her that no repairs are needed - just keep driving it until the pad need replaced!?!?! This is so they can charge for pads and rotors - what a scam - wish I would have bought the Toyota. Given what I've read about maybe we should trade this in.

By ny99
on 05/30/12 17:50 PM (PDT)

As we approached 30,000 miles the repaired rotors were warping, again. Combine this with the creaking sliding doors, malfunctioning warning lights on the dash, bubbling paint on the trunk, noisy ride and annoying foot rest.... and you end up with a piece of junk! Consumer Reports has removed it from its recommended list because of the poor reliability. We just traded ours in for another vehicle and I find it very relieving not to have to climb into this van anymore.