Awesome Vehicle
By daytonjohn on
2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
The new Honda Odyssey is absolutely fantastic to own and drive. We had owned the 1999 Odyssey and drove it for 9-years, loving it. The new Odyssey is improved in every way. The ride is very comfortable even on long trips. The way the middle seats can be adjusted, including sliding outward toward each door is very innovative and allows for up to three child seats side-by-side if needed. We also have a 2011 Buick Enclave which has been excellent, but I enjoy the features and overall driving characteristics better in the Honda.
Favorite Features
The integrated Navigation and the Music/Radio are wonderful. The ride is very comfortable and the six cylinder engine is quite powerful. My favorite surprise was the vehicle gas milage and range. You can drive over 525 miles on one tank full. This is at least 100 miles further than the Toyota. Toyota has a 20 gal. tank, while Honda has 21. The mpg of the Honda exceeds the Toyota by at least 3 mpg, and I think actually more.
Suggested Improvements
The Toyota has two glove compartments which would present an opportunity for Honda to make an improvement. Could have used roof rails, when I purchased a couple of 13 1/2 ft. kayaks. Fortunately I was able to get them to our marina in the back of the van with the rear door open.