This one does it all. No, it does not handle like a sports car nor does it get the mileage of a hybrid, but if you need the space for 8 people and still like a respectable 30 mpg while cruising at 70 mph, then it does what it needs to do. Like a circus clown car, the outside dimensions and driving experience do not begin to tell the full story about just how much space is inside and how much you can do with it. The Honda Odyssey gives you all the minivan benefits while offering the least "minivan like" package.
- Offers the
most minivan features while being the least like a minivan.
- "kid-tainment" DVD system is great for keeping the minions quiet.
- Power doors and rear gate.
- Backup camera.
- "Cool box" cooler in front dash.
- All window open feature on unlock
- Great soundsystem, USB jack especially awesome for listening to mp3's on a memory stick.
- Large dash screen for radio/camera provides large display of common functions and works well.
- AC outlet in rear means home electronics can be used.
- Gas mileage and overall package for an 8 passenger vehicle.
- Effortless fold away third row seat.
- Synthetic oil means averaging over 8k miles between oil changes using onboard oil life meter.
- Bluetooth pairing with phone is so inconsistent I do not even use it.
- Keyless functions from key/remote seem to be inconsistent. Sometimes works from long range with one press, other times takes multiple presses on keys and standing next to van to work.
- Rear doors open less than full width if rear windows are down. Very narrow opening when this happens.
- One touch "All Close" button for windows/sunroof would be great.
- Window lock-out switch locks out master controls on drivers door as well.
- Miles to Empty on trip computer can go from 35 miles to 0 in less than 10 miles. Below 1/4 tank, gas gauge drops quickly!
- Operable vent feature on third row windows would be great
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.