Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Absolutely Amazing!
By eilou

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I decided to trade our 14.5 MPG Nissan Armada for this wonderful 26.0 Highway MPG living room on wheels! We purchased the Touring Elite in Smokey Topaz w/Truffle interior and it's beautiful. The overall performance is better than we expected and it's actually fun to drive. It's kind of funny that two people with no young kids are driving a minivan. It actually rides like a luxury car. The onle complaint we have however is there is something loose rolling back and forth as you make turns from left to right in the dashboard, the dealer has already pulled the dash apart once and could not fix it. It's getting ready for round 2 a complete dashboard disassemble on Monday!

The six speed transmission is worth the upgrade it helps with the overall fuel economy.

The six speed transmission should be standard equipment on all models and even the upgraded stereo could still use more wattage. Also a little more driver legroom would be a very nice addition.

It's a LUXURY Car!
By sbinevv

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Many owners are parents who looked for a minivan and liked the Odyssey's features. Our kids are grown, no grandkids yet, and I'm a businessman. We wanted a luxury car that would seat up to 8 adult family members or haul bikes or kayaks inside it. We got it all. We relied on owner/reviewers in Edmunds who often mentioned "comfort," "quiet," "room," "ride" and "handling." We bought the Touring Elite, but any model from EX-L up is a luxury car. The truffle interior on ours is dark grey/brown that has a rich look but also will hide dirt and marks. Every detail has been thought out and designed to be practical. The amount of technology is incredible. Chose it over Sienna and Enclave.

Comfortable seats, quiet inside, roominess in all three rows, audio/RES, blind spot indicator (Elite only), high MPG rating.

Air conditioned seats, AWD. Don't change anything else!

UNDRIVABLE DISASTER
By tturner201

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers had to constantly fight the steering wheel. The slightest breeze, curve or slope of the road pulled the steering wheel so hard no one would drive it far. Honda acknowledged the problem, but stated they could not correct it. I had to sell it at very high loss.

Great all around vehicle. Unbeatable flexibility, if all wheel drive was available.

Correct the power steering drivers must constantly fight against.

love, love, love it!!!
By llama5

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the new Honda Odyssey. I traded my 2006 Honda in for the new 2011 Touring in black. Looks awesome and super sleek in black. Since purchasing this new Honda I have had NOTHING but compliments from strangers admiring the new look of the Honda. The reviews I read were somewhat negative of the new body but when you see it in person it looks so much better and the black color looks the best. I have three kids so space and safety are important to me. I feel super safe toting my kids in the new Honda. It drives like a dream and the interior is sleek yet simple. I noticed that it DOES not have roof racks and it bothered me at first but now I'm happy without them.

Awesome back up camera, love the tailgate, cool box, heated seats, awesome navigation...LOVE, love having bluetooth, voice activation...great ride

I really don't care for the head rests in the third row...kinda funky and awkward.

30 days later
By v2004

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have my Odyssey for the full 30 days and I must tell you that I love it more every day. The exterior styling which at first looked a little odd finally started taking shape in my mind. I can now appreciate the styling much more especially after I added roof rails/racks and door moldings (a must). I also realized that Sienna's exterior style which at first looked better, looks too plain and too Japanese compared to the Odyssey.

Honda must bring back roof rails and door moldings as standard equipment on at least EX-L and higher models.

• SUV