Used 2011 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

UNDRIVABLE DISASTER
By tturner201

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers had to constantly fight the steering wheel. The slightest breeze, curve or slope of the road pulled the steering wheel so hard no one would drive it far. Honda acknowledged the problem, but stated they could not correct it. I had to sell it at very high loss.

Favorite Features

Great all around vehicle. Unbeatable flexibility, if all wheel drive was available.

Suggested Improvements

Correct the power steering drivers must constantly fight against.

love, love, love it!!!
By llama5

2011 Honda Odyssey Touring 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the new Honda Odyssey. I traded my 2006 Honda in for the new 2011 Touring in black. Looks awesome and super sleek in black. Since purchasing this new Honda I have had NOTHING but compliments from strangers admiring the new look of the Honda. The reviews I read were somewhat negative of the new body but when you see it in person it looks so much better and the black color looks the best. I have three kids so space and safety are important to me. I feel super safe toting my kids in the new Honda. It drives like a dream and the interior is sleek yet simple. I noticed that it DOES not have roof racks and it bothered me at first but now I'm happy without them.

Favorite Features

Awesome back up camera, love the tailgate, cool box, heated seats, awesome navigation...LOVE, love having bluetooth, voice activation...great ride

Suggested Improvements

I really don't care for the head rests in the third row...kinda funky and awkward.

30 days later
By v2004

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have my Odyssey for the full 30 days and I must tell you that I love it more every day. The exterior styling which at first looked a little odd finally started taking shape in my mind. I can now appreciate the styling much more especially after I added roof rails/racks and door moldings (a must). I also realized that Sienna's exterior style which at first looked better, looks too plain and too Japanese compared to the Odyssey.

Suggested Improvements

Honda must bring back roof rails and door moldings as standard equipment on at least EX-L and higher models.

Minivan for life
By v2004

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After we had a third baby I started looking for something that would fit the entire family without hassle and would be pleasant to drive. I looked at the Sienna and the Odyssey. While Sienna wins in the exterior styling and available AWD option, nothing else comes even close to the craftsmanship, comfort and quality of the Odyssey. The material (especially hard plastic) used in Sienna are just terrible, even the top of the line model feels cheap. The Odyssey on the other hand is very well made. It feels and looks expensive. The ride quality and especially cornering is much better than Sienna. While Odyssey feels planted without much of a body roll, Sienna feels like a boat on wheels.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is a back up camera with the huge 8" screen. Honda did an extremely great job on the light distribution. The non xenon headlights are so good in illuminating the road that most of the time I want to believe that I actually do have xenons. I find myself driving this minivan more than I do my Audi. This minivan rocks!!!

Suggested Improvements

I wish Honda would offer an AWD option. Six speed transmission should be standard on all trims. Roof rails and body moldings should be a standard equipment on at least EX-L and upper models. LED tail lights would be a plus

Overall - Good
By erik_h

2011 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First mini-van, wanted a vehicle with 3rd row. Looked at all the competition and his was the choice for us. Happy with the choice and have very little to complain about. Interior is better then the competition and was better fit for my family.

Favorite Features

MID, variable cylinders, CD-L, USB Drive, rear view camera and blue tooth built in. Cool box is nice as well.

Suggested Improvements

6 spd transmission across the the line and offer either a hybrid or diesel option. Add Direct injection and ability to select gear.